Miami will not win a Super Bowl until... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami will not win a Super Bowl until...

Our offense was not good last year. I like the Fuller and Waddle additions. I think they can make a big difference. I am not sold on the offensive coaches.
I love Flores. His specialty is defense. I don’t think we will ever have a problem on that side of the ball as long as Flores is here. What Flores has to do to take the next step is find the right offensive coach.
I am not sure we have that guy yet. Flores has to find his “Robin” or “Tonto”. I don’t see Flores ever being a great offensive mind. Hopefully we get there.
Robin or Tonto - the last 20 years our HCs have been more like Frank Drebin and his “Ed”.

Until we pull out a tape of 1972 or 1973. My family had season tickets so I'm thrilled to maintain all the memories and mental images. I don't need the tapes.

Bill Parcells said it best, "Do you know how hard it is to win the Super Bowl?" We're in a bizarre era in which Tom Brady and Bob Baffert can show up to the ultimate test with just about anybody alongside. For the remainder including the Miami Dolphins and Miami Hurriances the Parcells truism applies. I don't expect to see another Super Bowl victory or national championship in my lifetime. Well, maybe if USC finds another Pete Carroll type.

Super Bowls are won by the top handful of quarterbacks. Exceptions can go away and are increasingly lesser and irrelevant given the rules changes and coddling of the passing game. Once we have an unquestionable Top 5 quarterback who is young and healthy with plenty of seasons remaining, then I'll pay a bit of attention to Super Bowl talk. In a chess piece world February is for Valentines not rings.

Until we pull out a tape of 1972 or 1973. My family had season tickets so I'm thrilled to maintain all the memories and mental images. I don't need the tapes.

Bill Parcells said it best, "Do you know how hard it is to win the Super Bowl?" We're in a bizarre era in which Tom Brady and Bob Baffert can show up to the ultimate test with just about anybody alongside. For the remainder including the Miami Dolphins and Miami Hurriances the Parcells truism applies. I don't expect to see another Super Bowl victory or national championship in my lifetime. Well, maybe if USC finds another Pete Carroll type.

Super Bowls are won by the top handful of quarterbacks. Exceptions can go away and are increasingly lesser and irrelevant given the rules changes and coddling of the passing game. Once we have an unquestionable Top 5 quarterback who is young and healthy with plenty of seasons remaining, then I'll pay a bit of attention to Super Bowl talk. In a chess piece world February is for Valentines not rings.
I love the old clips of games on YouTube - every now and again I dial one up to watch what an offensive line that moves a D backwards on every play looks like. They were maulers and it was awesome. 5.0 YPC no matter who took the handoff. Ok, 6.3 if you were Mercury Morris - w 1000 yards.

Defense wins championships. Seems to me that Brady just won his 23rd super bowl with a dominant defense and efficient offense.

That being said, I think our offense is going to be great this year.

It is all about the offense. We have to have the right players and coaches. I am very skeptical. Hope to see a big improvement this year.
No team can win a Super Bowl in the league today unless they have the right players on offense and a quality coaching staff. There are realistically only 4 or 5 teams in the entire league at this time who meet those requirements. The Dolphins are still rebuilding but they are getting closer to having both those things.
They might not be a legitimate SB contender right now but I believe they will be by the 2023 season. If they aren’t, you were right and Ross be looking for a new HC and GM.

Our offense was not good last year. I like the Fuller and Waddle additions. I think they can make a big difference. I am not sold on the offensive coaches.
I love Flores. His specialty is defense. I don’t think we will ever have a problem on that side of the ball as long as Flores is here. What Flores has to do to take the next step is find the right offensive coach.
I am not sure we have that guy yet. Flores has to find his “Robin” or “Tonto”. I don’t see Flores ever being a great offensive mind. Hopefully we get there.
Hard to disagree with this post if you are being objective. We have had THREE OC's in three years. That is not great for continuity.

Parker-Fuller-Waddle-Wilson-Williams-Gesicki-Long is a very nice pass catching group, not sure what more you expected...
I think you’re gonna have to subtract Wilson. I don’t think they like his contract

You heard the saying... when you have 2, you have none.

Where did you get that saying from:

Give me two $100 bills and I'll give you none
Give me two cars....I'll give you none
Give me two women....I'll give you none

Should I keep going

It has nothing to do with players, coaches or owner. We need better thread starter to win SB.

Last edited:
Where did you get that saying from:

Give me two $100 bills and I'll give you none
Give me two cars....I'll give you none
Give me two women....I'll give you none

Should I keep going
Pretty sure my man was talking about the old saying about having two QB's but damn you bring up a good point, especially about the women, lol.

Back
Top Bottom