Miami's 2001 first draft pick.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's 2001 first draft pick..

PeterJNO

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
They picked "Jamar Fletcher" with pick #26, when they could have picked: Michael Bennett, Reggie Wayne, Todd Heap, Drew Brees, Chad Johnson, Kendrell Bell, Matt Light, LaMont Jordan... it's just hard to think about. :(
http://www.drafthistory.com/years/2001.html

Exactly, they didn't think that any of those guys were going to be better than Jamar, it's always easy to say that. I bet KC can say "why did we take Todd Blackledge" or Cinncy or CLE with their QB mis-fortunes.

Yeah it is fair to say that Fletcher was a complete bust. He played a lot of zone coverages in college from what I heard and he wasn't a good fit for the press man coverage run by Bates.
He was very highly rated by everyone before the draft though. Even last year in one of the draft interviews, when asked who was the toughest corner he ever went up against, Lee Evans said, "Without a doubt Jamar Fletcher in practice. He took me to school."

Hell Green Bay in that draft took Jamal Reynolds at #10 and I don't even think he was in the league last year.

Hindsight is 20/20 my friends.

It is not really like that, because we did need an offensive player more then anything and ANY of those guys would have been great. I dont think he is saying "we should have taken ____", rather what were we thinking picking a CB when we had big offensive needs and all of these offensive players were just sitting there?

And if we hadn't traded our #1 in 2002 for Ricky, we could have traded DOWN and still have got Clinton Portis.

So what is your point? Mine is that there are no sure fire prospects in a draft. Anyone can be a bust. See also Ryan Leif.

I was ok with the pick at the time. Fletcher was an amazing CB in college and was very agressive. I was more depressed about Yatil Green.
PeterJNO said:
They picked "Jamar Fletcher" with pick #26, when they could have picked: Michael Bennett, Reggie Wayne, Todd Heap, Drew Brees, Chad Johnson, Kendrell Bell, Matt Light, LaMont Jordan... it's just hard to think about. :(
http://www.drafthistory.com/years/2001.html

Phinsfan1980 said:
I was ok with the pick at the time. Fletcher was an amazing CB in college and was very agressive. I was more depressed about Yatil Green.
yea, he was suposed to be like the next Jerry Rice, but he hurt his knee, then the following year, didnt he get in a car accident, and hurt his knee even worse?

Doktor Ivel said:
2 bad we cant go back in time...fletcher was good in college....in my opinion, the dolphins suck at drafting
:roflmao:

Doktor Ivel said:
2 bad we cant go back in time...fletcher was good in college....in my opinion, the dolphins suck at drafting
Yes the Dolphins are horrible at drafting.

No Wanny sucked at drafting.
Doktor Ivel said:

Back
Top Bottom