Miami's Dynamic Duo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Dynamic Duo

Will Smith Reaction GIF

I had the same feeling about Holland, I had about Jason Taylor. Back then computers and the internet weren't a home staple, so info was limited. Thanks to publications such as Pro Football Weekly and others, you could get information and educate yourself on college players. JT was one player that appeared in the College section almost on a weekly basis. Anyway, when Miami drafted him, I couldn't stop jumping up and down and all around with excitement. Same thing with Holland, only difference was the info was more readily available via the internet.

Needless to say Howard and Holland have formed a very solid duo, in the secondary. I couldn't be happier for them and the Dolphins. Hopefully they can continue what they've begun.

I had the same feeling about Holland, I had about Jason Taylor. Back then computers and the internet weren't a home staple, so info was limited. Thanks to publications such as Pro Football Weekly and others, you could get information and educate yourself on college players. JT was one player that appeared in the College section almost on a weekly basis. Anyway, when Miami drafted him, I couldn't stop jumping up and down and all around with excitement. Same thing with Holland, only difference was the info was more readily available via the internet.

Needless to say Howard and Holland have formed a very solid duo, in the secondary. I couldn't be happier for them and the Dolphins. Hopefully they can continue what they've begun.
Ballhawks!

Yannick Bisson Reaction GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

But I thought X’s skills were on the decline since he crossed the magic 28 years old number and we should trade him for a 2nd if we can get it and he’s somewhat overrated as he gets a lot of INTs but gets burned a lot (so totally false) and he misses so many games and and and…

He’s the no 1 reason we are in the playoff hunt as he’s responsible for 1 win for sure (strip and recovery week 1) and he set the tone in the Balt game w the strip, scoop and score. Oh, and he’s not allowing anyone to catch passes either.

I can appreciate a good argument about why it’s time to move on from a player. I mean no disrespect. I’m just loving that we managed to keep him through the messy situation in the off-season and that he’s responded with another all-pro caliber year.

Best player on the team by a country mile and then some.

PS
Tua is a huge reason we are in the hunt too.

But I thought X’s skills were on the decline since he crossed the magic 28 years old number and we should trade him for a 2nd if we can get it and he’s somewhat overrated as he gets a lot of INTs but gets burned a lot (so totally false) and he misses so many games and and and…

He’s the no 1 reason we are in the playoff hunt as he’s responsible for 1 win for sure (strip and recovery week 1) and he set the tone in the Balt game w the strip, scoop and score. Oh, and he’s not allowing anyone to catch passes either.

I can appreciate a good argument about why it’s time to move on from a player. I mean no disrespect. I’m just loving that we managed to keep him through the messy situation in the off-season and that he’s responded with another all-pro caliber year.

Best player on the team by a country mile and then some.

PS
Tua is a huge reason we are in the hunt too.
chris grier does not get enough credit for how he navigated the X situation (or anything else he does, really).

chris grier does not get enough credit for how he navigated the X situation (or anything else he does, really).
I’m warming up to him some as I think about this situation and how it turned out for us on the field (plus X seems happy - even when we were 1-5 or whatever) and this draft class is just bonkers. I may have to stop saying mean things about him. Just fix the o-line and get us a RB who isn’t knocked over by the wind!

I’m warming up to him some as I think about this situation and how it turned out for us on the field (plus X seems happy - even when we were 1-5 or whatever) and this draft class is just bonkers. I may have to stop saying mean things about him. Just fix the o-line and get us a RB who isn’t knocked over by the wind!
a GM should prognosticate better than I, but Austin Jackson LT - Solomon Kindley - LG Michael Deiter - C Robert Hunt - RG Liam Eichenberg - RT should have been a formidable-line-in-the-making.

the fact that it went so wrong reflects on him, of course, but i am still baffled by the way it all worked out early on.

Back
Top Bottom