Miami's Dynamic Duo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Dynamic Duo

a GM should prognosticate better than I, but Austin Jackson LT - Solomon Kindley - LG Michael Deiter - C Robert Hunt - RG Liam Eichenberg - RT should have been a formidable-line-in-the-making.

the fact that it went so wrong reflects on him, of course, but i am still baffled by the way it all worked out early on.
Fair. They really should have set their positions earlier and stuck w them. That’s on John-Claude-Van-Damn-LaPierre-LaFleur and Flo - not Grier.

Fair. They really should have set their positions earlier and stuck w them. That’s on John-Claude-Van-Damn-LaPierre-LaFleur and Flo - not Grier.
for someone who can't draft o-linemen, i believe Hunt will be a pro bowl caliber RG in his career, I think Deiter will way outplay his third round draft slot as our starting center, and i think Eich will start at Guard or RT for us for a decade.

if austin can evolve into a good guard or back to tackle, that only leaves 4th rounder kindley as a failure-so-far.

it will be nice to have the best cornerback and the best safety in the game playing together!

and Byron Jones[\b]and Brandon Jones aren't any slouches, but they will need to hold up their ends big time with how the other two are balling!

Wellllllllllll Byron has been bad this year. Going to replace him with Marshon Lattimore in the off-season. Byron will be around in 2022 though, unless someone gets desperate and wants to take his contact off our hands. We’d likely have to pay about half of his 2022 salary in order to accomplish that.

Byron Jones doesn’t have instincts. He’s got athleticism out the ass though.

Wellllllllllll Byron has been bad this year. Going to replace him with Marshon Lattimore in the off-season. Byron will be around in 2022 though, unless someone gets desperate and wants to take his contact off our hands. We’d likely have to pay about half of his 2022 salary in order to accomplish that.

Byron Jones doesn’t have instincts. He’s got athleticism out the *** though.
i'm not sure who you were referring to with what statement, since you said Byron all the way through.

Byron Jones doesn’t have instincts. He’s got athleticism out the *** though.
The Saint's would have to be nuts letting Lattimore walk. Absolutely nuts.

But I thought X’s skills were on the decline since he crossed the magic 28 years old number and we should trade him for a 2nd if we can get it and he’s somewhat overrated as he gets a lot of INTs but gets burned a lot (so totally false) and he misses so many games and and and…

He’s the no 1 reason we are in the playoff hunt as he’s responsible for 1 win for sure (strip and recovery week 1) and he set the tone in the Balt game w the strip, scoop and score. Oh, and he’s not allowing anyone to catch passes either.

I can appreciate a good argument about why it’s time to move on from a player. I mean no disrespect. I’m just loving that we managed to keep him through the messy situation in the off-season and that he’s responded with another all-pro caliber year.

Best player on the team by a country mile and then some.

PS
Tua is a huge reason we are in the hunt too.
The reason for souring on X had nothing to do with his skillset but how he handled himself and his contract negotiations with Miami. Period. I don't think anyone thinks he went about that the right way whether he "deserved" more money or not.

That said, water under the bridge this year and we'll most likely be revisiting it again every single year with him. Hopefully he can hit whatever incentive marks they made for him for a full contract rewrite and Byron takes a restructure.

a GM should prognosticate better than I, but Austin Jackson LT - Solomon Kindley - LG Michael Deiter - C Robert Hunt - RG Liam Eichenberg - RT should have been a formidable-line-in-the-making.

the fact that it went so wrong reflects on him, of course, but i am still baffled by the way it all worked out early on.
I am convinced that this fall entirely on the OL coaches. This line as a whole and each individual has regressed, Every damn one of them. They look off into space while defenders run past unabated to the QB, they miss on run blocks, I mean whiff, WTF man. You guy's get paid pretty well to do a job, take care of it.

I dont think the OL reflects on Grier. To me it reflects coaching. All our young guys have the talent to be average at minimum, obviously there are always guys who don't make it, but I put the mess on the OL coach.

Yes we could use more talent at tackle, I think that a good OL coach could have this unit playing very respectably.

The Saint's would have to be nuts letting Lattimore walk. Absolutely nuts.

It would take a miracle. They are $60.5M over next years cap, almost $28M more than the Packers, who have the second most amount of 2022 monies tied up.

They are going to have to offer someone a draft pick to take Michael Thomas's contract. Alvin Kamara might be shopped as well, which we should have an interest in although it would have to be a steal for us. Looking around the league, you see teams in a bad cap shape are all pay RB's big money. Ryan Ramczyk is the highest paid OT in football.

Terron Armstead and Marcus Williams are free agents as well. Saints have some serious financial constraints. If they think they are moving forward with Taysom Hill, they are in deep shiit.

I would do any deal with New Orleans if it brings back a 2024 first.

This whole experince has left me questioning the logic of play 5 young linemen at the same time. With Eichenberg as rookie, Kindley, Hunt and Jackson in year 2 and Deiter in year 3, the unit drasticly needed veteran leadership. We ended up with babies playing around a number of other babies and learning from a line coach who is still a baby in his field too. My new model says go with at least 3 established vets at all time on the oline. You can groom 1 or 2 youngsters and once they're established then you can try to add 1 or 2 more. For example, I would bring in 3 legit steady vets for the oline this offseason and let Hunt, Jackson, Kindley, Deiter, and Little battle it out for the remaining 2 starting jobs and the others would be backups until they progressed enough to unseat one of the vets.

Back
Top Bottom