Miami's Dynamic Duo | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Dynamic Duo

It would take a miracle. They are $60.5M over next years cap, almost $28M more than the Packers, who have the second most amount of 2022 monies tied up.

They are going to have to offer someone a draft pick to take Michael Thomas's contract. Alvin Kamara might be shopped as well, which we should have an interest in although it would have to be a steal for us. Looking around the league, you see teams in a bad cap shape are all pay RB's big money. Ryan Ramczyk is the highest paid OT in football.

Terron Armstead and Marcus Williams are free agents as well. Saints have some serious financial constraints. If they think they are moving forward with Taysom Hill, they are in deep shiit.

I would do any deal with New Orleans if it brings back a 2024 first.
Whats wild is they resigned Ram when they knew they were in dire straights. They are in an awful position this year and its all their own making. Armstead has and will continue to be my target in FA, though if the price were right I would be cool with considering trading for Kamara.

The cap is basically an illusion. There are always ways to make it work for the year without gutting your team. Obviously there is some breaking point but it's hard to get there.

It's not like NO didn't know this would be the situation. I'm assuming they have a plan moving ahead.

NO might be better going full rebuild though if they dont plan to stay with Winston.

Butch and Sundance were rb's. But....., that doesn't mean our talented pair of db's can't have a cool (and deserving) nick name. Soooo....

Howard and Holland: DOUBLE TROUBLE

It would take a miracle. They are $60.5M over next years cap, almost $28M more than the Packers, who have the second most amount of 2022 monies tied up.

They are going to have to offer someone a draft pick to take Michael Thomas's contract. Alvin Kamara might be shopped as well, which we should have an interest in although it would have to be a steal for us. Looking around the league, you see teams in a bad cap shape are all pay RB's big money. Ryan Ramczyk is the highest paid OT in football.

Terron Armstead and Marcus Williams are free agents as well. Saints have some serious financial constraints. If they think they are moving forward with Taysom Hill, they are in deep shiit.

I would do any deal with New Orleans if it brings back a 2024 first.
Great points.

Whats wild is they resigned Ram when they knew they were in dire straights. They are in an awful position this year and its all their own making. Armstead has and will continue to be my target in FA, though if the price were right I would be cool with considering trading for Kamara.

Well it made sense to resign him, he's their most valuable asset at the moment. I am also VERY interested in their McCoy/Ruiz situation. They have two centers, we have none. They need cap space, we have a lot. Something has to happen between these two teams in late February.

What I am not sure about is who they have targeted to release in order to trim cap space and how easy that's going to be for them.

They restructured Cam Jordan last year, doing that again is going to KILL them 2-3 years from now. He has a $22.9M cap hit, $21.4M in dead space if they release him, can't see that one happening.

Similar situation with LB Demario Davis, they already restructured him, doing so again is only going to hurt their chances of being competitive in the future.

New Orleans and Detroit are the two teams we can make a big trade with this off season. Detroit doesn't need the cap space but they do need more 22 and 23 year old players on their roster. I definitely have an interest in their center, Frank Ragnow as well as their LT Taylor Decker. If they want to move on from the Goff contract, I'd talk to them. I'd be down for paying $11M-$12M of that money if it means I get a better deal on the offensive lineman, potentially. Plus you couldn't do any better than Goff as the backup.

I think many are not thinking about what their saying. Nobody is getting rid of 'key' players, not for money. Yes, there are teams that have 'cap problems', but they always find a way to keep the players that they really want. New Orleans has been in cap he!! for the last 5 years, but every time they have re-signed the players they wanted. Every time. As far as signing 'veteran OL Men', the good ones we can't afford. A decent OL coach would solve many of the problems on the OL. Fix this Flo....
Every FA OL we sign turns to ca-ca while here...

I’m warming up to him some as I think about this situation and how it turned out for us on the field (plus X seems happy - even when we were 1-5 or whatever) and this draft class is just bonkers. I may have to stop saying mean things about him. Just fix the o-line and get us a RB who isn’t knocked over by the wind!
Have to wonder if the Watson pursuit was fueled by Ross and not Grier? The media made it sound that way.

As to Holland, absolutely love what I am seeing. Howard has made a huge impact.

Wellllllllllll Byron has been bad this year. Going to replace him with Marshon Lattimore in the off-season. Byron will be around in 2022 though, unless someone gets desperate and wants to take his contact off our hands. We’d likely have to pay about half of his 2022 salary in order to accomplish that.

Byron Jones doesn’t have instincts. He’s got athleticism out the *** though.
He hasn’t though, he occasionally gives up big plays but overall he’s lockdown. There’s a reason qbs continue to test Howard. Part of it is I think Howard baits qbs into thinking the wideout is open and the other part is Jones is a very good cover corner and usually has his man locked up. Even the passes he gives up he’s usually right there just for whatever reason the wideout makes the play even in tight coverage.

It's kind of crazy when you have a CB and FS that are so good that one's PBU screws up another's INT. This happened at least 3 times over the past 2 weeks.

The reason for souring on X had nothing to do with his skillset but how he handled himself and his contract negotiations with Miami. Period. I don't think anyone thinks he went about that the right way whether he "deserved" more money or not.

That said, water under the bridge this year and we'll most likely be revisiting it again every single year with him. Hopefully he can hit whatever incentive marks they made for him for a full contract rewrite and Byron takes a restructure.
There were a lot of people saying his skills would decline at his age, he was injured too much and he wasn’t fast enough. I mean, u know most of it was anger toward the handling of the situation but it got silly when some experts just knew he would lie down after getting paid. But yeah, I’m just enjoying having him in Miami still. He’ll be up in the Honor Roll before it’s all over.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Ross meddles.
Can't imagine that deal is still on the table.

I don't know if Tom Brady or Drew Brees ever had a four-game stretch where they completed 78 percent of their passes. And both of them played behind talented offensive lines.

Back
Top Bottom