Miami's list to do | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's list to do

Originally posted by cmax13
i think we need to work on getting outside linebackers in here. i'm not impressed with greenwood or rodgers. as far as the corners go, i like surtain better than madison, but with some restructuring, we should be able to keep both.

i kinda like rosenfels for a future QB, unless something dropped in our laps.

and OL line help is always needed, although, as of last week, these guys looked pretty good. i've never been a ruddy fan, but i even saw some good play out of him last week, against a pretty good D line.

and i don't see this team getting rid of either z thomas or j taylor. i'm sure both would restructure their salaries to stay here in so.fla.

and with spielman doing the cap work, that is a good possibility.

what i'm most worried about, is norv turner leaving after one year. i know he has an out in his contract for a head coaching job, but they ought to pay him head coaching money to stay as the OC.

it seems many coordinators ( o and d)are great in their jobs, but when they get to be a head coach, they fail miserably. (norv, buddy ryan, dungy, et al). ok well maybe not miserably, but don't have nearly the success as they had with a previous team.

sorry for the long winded response.
Zach Thomas said it in an interview he said they only have a fw years left to do the dirty :D

Didn't the Dolphins make Taylor a franchise player? I'm not very knowledgable about the rules regarding this, but wouldn't that exclude the chance of them getting rid of him regardless of what the situation ? ( Personally I have to echo that getting rid of him would be nutso.)

I will also be terribly bummed if Norv leaves after one year.... but I suppose the level of 'bummness' will depend on how his O unfolds this year. And I certainly don't have any doubts that it will perform magnificently :) .

He was the franchise player, but he only signed a year deal as franchise then he signed a new one. I think they did that so the Dolphins could retain the franchise tag, but I am not sure.

I love this thread. A genuine debate about whether to draft Ken Dorsey with the 32nd pick of next years draft AFTER we win the super bowl :D

I love you guys....

miami's list to do next off-season

Remember that the Full Back is becoming more important in the Turner offense. This is not a significant dollars issue since FBs are probably the lowest paid position on a team (except Alstott who is as much a TB as FB). Deon is a restricted free agent after this year and Rob is an unrestricted free agent, so something has to be done at this position for 2003.

Smack and Muck hit the nail on the head..Madison is still great..didn't see him get burned in the preseason..I think they all will restructure their contracts to accommodate the cap..Zachs already been talking about it...It's call large sign bonus and smaller salaries over the length of the contract.. Another QB, when Rosenfel maybe the long term answer..Even Ray seems pretty impressive this preseason..

There are only 6 people making serious dough on this team and one of them will be dealt with this offseason. Rodgers.

After that it's Jay, Jason, Zack, Sam and Patrick.

Jay will be gone after 2 seasons with this contract. No doubts there as that's when the big money kicks in. Zack will get an extension which will keep his cap hit low in the first 2 years of the extension.

With a little restructuring it shouldn't be hard to keep Jason, Sam and Pat. The only other guy making half decent cash is Tim Bowens and his contract looks like it will get cut in 2 years anyways.

Next draft I see us grabbing a future QB if one is there (since the class is supposed to be deep), OL, a OLB and a DT.

Don't forget MLB as well. We need a guy to groom for replacing Zach real soon.

Back
Top Bottom