Miami's list to do | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's list to do

Dolfan3454

Practice Squad
Reaction score
miami's list to do next off-season
1. scout if we still have a first round pick
2. get rid of madison good gracious! hes my favorte DB but he is starting to slump on us
3. get rid of rodgers if he dont improve his play
4. O-LINE
5. someone to replace madison
6. OLB

i kno this is kinda early lol

Originally posted by ThomasOwnsYou
miami's list to do next off-season
1. scout if we still have a first round pick
2. get rid of madison good gracious! hes my favorte DB but he is starting to slump on us
3. get rid of rodgers if he dont improve his play
4. O-LINE
5. someone to replace madison
6. OLB

i kno this is kinda early lol

Way to early, but still fun. The only postions that i would want Miami to improve is o-line, and LBs. The most important task this offseason is keeping our team intact. I want more than anyone for Miami to grab one of the very good QB prospects, but i think the draft should be all about o-line and we should sign a big LB in free agency. Madison rules, you are crazy on that call.

he is the best cover corner but 4 players want 6 million dollars; Thomas, Taylor, Madison, Surtain. there is no way we are getting rid of thomas so i see taylor and madison going i would hate to see it but some things have to change....friggin cap

I would put $ on that we would protect JT more than Thomas. Dominating DEs are alot harder to come by than MLBs. The other thing is JT has has perfect health, and Zach has not. I really don't think either will go. You can play with the cap as long as the owner wants to. We will keep the core of this team while they are still produceing, but as DG showed if they slip they are gone. The other factor that could make some depart is a losing season. If WH loses money he will go cutting crazy.

Right on dajesus....no way we let Taylor get away and keep Thomas.......Zach can be replaced easier than JT.

I'm not so sure about grabbing a QB next year......Isn't the 2004 class supposed to have a good number of prospects also? I think we need some O-line help or OLB...or ...*gasp*......a CB. I mean, let's face it Madison OR Surtain HAS to go soon..the choice is simple...The way Sam seems to be always getting nicked up, I think Surtain would be the smarter keep...... There's no way we play in the AFC east with anything less than three bonafide corners.
Besides that, i think we need to check out Sage Rosenfels also....This guy has mobility, a great arm, and he's smart. He was a third round draft pick but, I remember him being mentioned as a sleeper by a few different sources. He COULD be our answer at QB, and it would suck to draft a bust than find out we had the player we wanted on the roster already...Hell, even Fiedler could prove he's good enough to carry us for a few years......I guess it all depends on who falls to us at the bottom of the first round(;) )....but I really think we should take care of the positions I mentioned before we grab a COLLEGE QB.......

We won't get rid of Madison so don't even say that. We do need to get rid of Rodgers and hopefully we will have a first rounder since Ricky will get 1499 yards so we can draft Dorsey with the 32nd pick and then release Jay after next season. Now I am looking way too far ahead.

Originally posted by ThomasOwnsYou
he is the best cover corner but 4 players want 6 million dollars; Thomas, Taylor, Madison, Surtain. there is no way we are getting rid of thomas so i see taylor and madison going i would hate to see it but some things have to change....friggin cap

way off, taylor is going nowhere. madison i could see if fletcher improves like i saw this past week. also where are you hearing they all want 6 million? ive never heared that.

i think we need to work on getting outside linebackers in here. i'm not impressed with greenwood or rodgers. as far as the corners go, i like surtain better than madison, but with some restructuring, we should be able to keep both.

i kinda like rosenfels for a future QB, unless something dropped in our laps.

and OL line help is always needed, although, as of last week, these guys looked pretty good. i've never been a ruddy fan, but i even saw some good play out of him last week, against a pretty good D line.

and i don't see this team getting rid of either z thomas or j taylor. i'm sure both would restructure their salaries to stay here in so.fla.

and with spielman doing the cap work, that is a good possibility.

what i'm most worried about, is norv turner leaving after one year. i know he has an out in his contract for a head coaching job, but they ought to pay him head coaching money to stay as the OC.

it seems many coordinators ( o and d)are great in their jobs, but when they get to be a head coach, they fail miserably. (norv, buddy ryan, dungy, et al). ok well maybe not miserably, but don't have nearly the success as they had with a previous team.

sorry for the long winded response.

Release Fiedler and draft Dorsey? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in weeks.

Zach has one more year on his contract so I look for him to get an extension this off-season to lower his cap number.

Taylor and Surtain are going nowhere. Taylor is one the best DE's in the league and Surtain one of the best CB's. Surtain has much more value than Madison because he can cover the slot WR and he's a much more physical.

The earliest any of the 4 mention player are released is after June 1 2004.

I also agree that Rodgers is way overrated. He doesn't make any tackles, he's awful in pass coverge, he gets no sacks but for some reason Wannstedt loves him.

We'll only have two draft picks in the first four rounds next year and right now I hope we draft OL, preferably a LT and OLB.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We won't get rid of Madison so don't even say that. We do need to get rid of Rodgers and hopefully we will have a first rounder since Ricky will get 1499 yards so we can draft Dorsey with the 32nd pick and then release Jay after next season. Now I am looking way too far ahead.

If we cut Rodgers, still need O-line help, and haven't looked at Sage yet.......I'm gonna be :fire: if we draft Dorsey....I know he's your boy, ice, but if we have the 32nd pick........ there's no way in the world that Dorsey helps us at all in our quest to..... REPEAT!!!!That's right.....if we win the Super Bowl....I don't think we'll be drafting a QUARTERBACK!......If we win the Super Bowl it will be because the QB we had was good enough. The window is open to repeat.....that should be the goal....add weapons....add linemen or linebackers.....but don't add somebody with your first round pick that will ride the bench all season.

Fiedler is gone in 2 seasons unless something drastics happens and you know Dorsey is my boy. :) Its a dream but anything can happen. :)

Madison

Madison? Slump? When did this happen? I know Madison isn't the best run supporter but he is coverage ability makes up that a 100 times over. Why give up the being the best CB tandem in the NFL?

Beat me to it, Smacks. Again, where does all this "Madison is slumping....Surtain's the better COVER MAN" come from?? It sure as hell doesn't come from watching game tape.

Also, if Sam isn't 100%/doesn't play against the Colts......odds are that Marvin Harrison is gonna torch us. Surtain has shown he can't cover Harrison and Jamar....well....Fletcher hasn't proven anything yet. And Ray Green......man lets hope not.

And don't forget, the Colts now have solid speedster Qadry Ismail on the other side as opposed to the three-headed failure they had over there last year. Plus, Reggie Wayne will occupy Surtain on 3rd downs.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Fiedler is gone in 2 seasons unless something drastics happens and you know Dorsey is my boy. :) Its a dream but anything can happen. :)

IMHO, K. Dorsey is only an average QB. Sure, he's won a ton of games, but look at the teams he's had surrounding him?!?!?!?....

His OL's have been outstanding....

His RB's have been outstanding....

His WR's have been outstanding....

This kid has had the best of the best at almost every position.

When I watch him throw, I see weak, wobbly passes all the time. He needs more strength on his throws IMO....

I personally would never consider drafting K. Dorsey. I also doubt he'll ever make it at the NFL level unless he gets some size and strength on him....

Later....:fire:

Back
Top Bottom