Miami's Main Competition for #1 Overall Pick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Main Competition for #1 Overall Pick

I'm not to sold on drafting a QB at all. Think it's best to fix the OL and get Defense. Like the Bears did. Then we start Rosen and see what he is made of. If a fail thing. We ammo up to get Lawrence

I'm not to sold on drafting a QB at all. Think it's best to fix the OL and get Defense. Like the Bears did. Then we start Rosen and see what he is made of. If a fail thing. We ammo up to get Lawrence

That was a brilliant move..then they drafted Trubiski and still look like a mediocre team.

Doesn’t really matter if they aren’t going to draft a QB, they’ll be in a position to trade down with another team that is. Having the second pick behind the Giants or Washington doesn’t guarantee use the choice of QBs.
If Miami finishes behind any of those teams that won't take a QB, who do you think they are most likely to trade their pick to? Miami will most likely be picking in the top three and no team has as much draft capital to make that move up to the top pick.

Goal is to draft #1 - Tua. Please don’t over complicate.
Also benefits Miami if Fromm, other JR QBs declare.
QB needy teams will fill spots and better players drop to our addl Rd1 pics.

Only way i could see it not working is if Tua decides to play a senior year, Take Fromm or trade down. Trade a few picks down for 2021 draft picks and you go grab lawerence or Tua next season.. There are some other dark horses showing up in college this season as well.

If Tua is there you got to take it, Spend multiple picks on OLine because frankly we have talent at TE,RB,WR.. enough for a QB to start with no doubt.. NOW here is the kicker in 2021 i would draft another top QB prospect because until we land the gamechanging QB you got to keep firing.. No more Tannehill and no comp crap.. Smart teams will always have a young talent waiting in the wings at the most important position and if you somehow end up with 2 awesome QB's well take you pick and make a kings ransom because teams will pay out the Ass for a Top QB.

That was a brilliant move..then they drafted Trubiski and still look like a mediocre team.

Reality is he was seen as a very good prospect, with the only question being inexperience. All ranked him behind Watson. Some rated him above Mahommes. Some behind Kiser. Not like Trubiski was a bad pick in foresight.

That's why I'm always uncomfortable with projections. That's why I'm not too concerned if Miami picks, say, #3. And not every team above Miami will target a QB

When you look at the 0-2 teams none has played anywhere near as badly as Miami. I don't see Miami winning a game this year and doubt another team goes 0-16.

Yep, and they ended up with a borderline average "franchise QB" that they reached on. Bears are a poor example, IMO, because the reason why they aren't a legit contender is 100% because of the QB.

Point being.... if you need a QB and a guy is available who you are sold on.... you absolutely take him 10 times out of 10. It's far easier to fix the other positions.

Back
Top Bottom