Miami's most underrated player | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's most underrated player

Christian Wilkins. But only by the fans here. Now that we have added some quality next to him he won't get double teamed on every play. We are going to have a different run defense this year.

I'm being serious here, but I expect most people to double over in laughter. I would say Kalen Ballage. I base my statement on the fact that his stock in most fans opinion is so low it's pennies on the dollar right now. I think people are putting too much weight on one bad season in a very bad situation. I believe Ballage is a better player than we saw in 2019 and it won't take much for him look improved. If he's anything close this year to what the coaching staff saw in him during training last season than his stock has no place to go but up/

I'm being serious here, but I expect most people to double over in laughter. I would say Kalen Ballage. I base my statement on the fact that his stock in most fans opinion is so low it's pennies on the dollar right now. I think people are putting too much weight on one bad season in a very bad situation. I believe Ballage is a better player than we saw in 2019 and it won't take much for him look improved. If he's anything close this year to what the coaching staff saw in him during training last season than his stock has no place to go but up/
No vision/elusiveness = limited ceiling, IMO.

Did he go in and visit Winston’s doctor.

I didn’t realize he got injured returning a punt. That was stupid Flo. Here you have a guy blossoming in his WR role and.... dude throw out DBs or someone suited for that

We won 5 games last year. So over rated and under rated doesn't even come into it. We only have maybe 5 players that 90% of NFL fans have even heard of. Of those five to me: Fitz, DP, Howard, Breida and Tua; we just got three of them...

Depends on what rowes roll is...covering tight ends plus player matches up well athletically and with length etc. Playing a boundary corner vs quick twitch explosion athletes replace me level sub par. They’ve done a good job thus far schematically of hiding his tackling at safety also. I keep waiting for that to show up in an ugly way but it didn’t happen in 2019 after they made the position switch

It is hard to find underrated performers on a team that was not very good in any area of the game last season. I liked Steven Parker and since he gets no real recognition I suppose he is underrated in my mind. I think he enters this season as the presumptive starter at FS.

Steven Parker

Yes, he was only a part time player for us and played about 1/3 of our snaps last year. But he only gave up an opposing completion percentage of 53.8. His passer rating on throws against him was only 83.8.

He run defense and tackling ability was also above average. His versatility is what really can make him an asset to this team. He is the type of player that can play multiple spots on the field, which is what Flores clearly wants from his safeties.

PFF gave him a grade of 71.0 grade last year, which ranked him as the #29 overall safety. I know to always take them with a huge grain of salt, but it is in the range of what I felt I saw from him in his limited opportunities last year.

Obviously, the sample size is a huge factor. I would need to see him play like this as a starter or full rotation player player to get too excited. But he is too often left out of the conversation when talking about our safeties next year.

Last edited:
I assume the topic is about the upcoming season as opposed to last year?

Beyond that I'm lost.

Last year our MVP (and ironically the most underrated at the same time)

gave the opposition Fitz! For sure -- ya gotta fear the beard!

I'd give a wink towards Gesicki as well in terms of "underrated."

It's possible we actually have some talent on the 2020 roster so

that's that and that's all I've got to say!

:lol:

It is hard to find underrated performers on a team that was not very good in any area of the game last season. I liked Steven Parker and since he gets no real recognition I suppose he is underrated in my mind. I think he enters this season as the presumptive starter at FS.
Lol. You beat me to it while I was trying to figure out how to embed a video from Twitter. I don't want to admit how long that took me to figure out.

Either way, I like your style.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom