Miami's Off-season Vision Part 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Off-season Vision Part 2

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been a bit. I've been insanely busy as you can imagine getting everything done for the draft, and I'm THRILLED to be able to get back to writing about tangible things opposed to speculation.

SO I did.

If you guys recall, I wrote something about a month ago talking about Adam Gase's vision to build the team his way. Focusing on leadership, guys prioritizing football and doing things the right way, they executed it in free-agency. (There's a hyper link in this article).

Part two was alllllll about athleticism. Miami absolutely crushed it in terms of getting faster and more explosive this weekend. Not just that, they focused on fixing specific areas (not positions, but actual roles) on the football team.

I wrote about all of that, gave you some GIFs and posted the RAS score ratings from @mathbomb on Twitter.

Enjoy

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/the-new-new-miami-part-two-of-miamis-off-season-vision/

Gesicki’s 4.58 40-yard dash is a mere bonus to the kind of player Miami believes it’s getting. Gesicki is a ready-made cog in Adam Gase’s coveted 11-personnel, Y-iso position. Isolating an athletic tight end to the back-side of the formation creates a mismatch against an unsuspecting linebacker or safety.

So besides being very athletic, do you actually like the Baker pick? He was my one real questionable pick that I'm not so sure on.

I need to do more on him. Our friend CK loves him so that’s usually a good sign. The fact that he’s assignment based and selfless at 21 speaks volumes.

I need to do more on him. Our friend CK loves him so that’s usually a good sign. The fact that he’s assignment based and selfless at 21 speaks volumes.

Yah I don't question the character or athleticism, just not sure how good he can really be at the next level. Obviously we already have an abundance of decent backup LB's, hoping he can be Kiko's eventual replacement.

Any idea what we are going to do at SAM? Everything I've read on Baker projects him as a WILL.

Excellent work.

I reread the original post about the team's direction and have had numerous discussions in chat about the team's direction. If you look at the moves, you take the information that Chambers has posted in VIP, this all becomes very clear.

You could see the breaking point midseason ( I even think this is quoted in the article) where Gase is just done with players who are not willing to be a true professional. Landry I think is the best example of this. We all see that Landry will spend countless hours honing his ability to catch the football and I don't think anyone in the Dolphins organization that would say Landry isn't a hard worker in this area, but Gase wanted Landry to be a complete player, to work on understanding the offense and nuances of the position and I am sure this was spoken about at the end of last season. When Landry went out there and continued to make the same mistakes and same poor reads, Gase reached the end.

If Landry (and other players by extension) were not going to do the little things, watch film, work on reads he was going to find guys who will. Not to constantly copy what the Pats do, but they have the same philosophy. DO your job, Know your assignment and we will win.

Excellent write up.

I think a large majority of fans are excited about this draft because the FO clearly had a plan and attacked it.

They did their due diligence on all the QB's and maybe if the one they wanted the most was there at 11, things might've been different. They clearly didn't feel like trading up was option given their current franchise QB possesses all the traits they covet in a QB.

I can see how the mock drafts caused a lot of fans to go into a tizzy about the possibility of adding a 1st round QB.

Travis good to see you back and reloaded with great content!! Will read more later when I'm not at work

Back
Top Bottom