Miami's Secondary | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Secondary

Are you saying Howard+5+ a 2nd round pick just to move from 5 to 3? There's no way I'd do that. If we want to trade Howard we should get no less than a 2nd round pick for him. I'm ok trading him but not giving him away like that.
I don’t want to trade him at all. How about we start trading our shitty 1st round picks like Charles Harris instead of the good ones?!

I think Howard should only be trade to get Number 1 pick.
Trade #5 this year plus Howard + 2nd round this year +Houstons number 1 next year.

Draft 2 safeties. Mckinney/Delprit/winfield/Ashtyn Davis day 1 or 2.
Draft another S in the 5th round.

Don't think McCain at Safety is his best position. He is a CB.

I like their CB’s but it still won’t surprise me if Howard is traded if the Dolphins move up in the draft. The Lions traded away their best CB and getting Howard and the Dolphins 5th pick and possibly a second round pick would probably be enough for the Dolphins to move up to 3 if they want to.

I would rather keep Howard and stay at 5. Yet if Grier is dead set on drafting the QB he wants, he might decide that trading up is the only way to assure he gets that QB if the Redskins don’t draft that QB at 2.
Most Mocks that have us trading up to Lions spot, cost would be much less then above. To trade 2 spots would most likely cost #5 pick and our 1st pick in second round. No need to throw in Howard.

Are you saying Howard+5+ a 2nd round pick just to move from 5 to 3? There's no way I'd do that. If we want to trade Howard we should get no less than a 2nd round pick for him. I'm ok trading him but not giving him away like that.
I'm against moving up Danny, but in your example, it would be the same as the #5 + 2 rd2 picks, would it not?

A lot of ppl would jump on that. Even I wouldn't have a big bitch about it, as far as value.

I prefer to keep X, and have reservations about TT, but it's not a horrible deal, value wise.

Most Mocks that have us trading up to Lions spot, cost would be much less then above. To trade 2 spots would most likely cost #5 pick and our 1st pick in second round. No need to throw in Howard.
Don't have that much faith in mocks, but if the Lions though the Giants would snag their guy out from under them, they aren't making that deal. They would want 5 and 18 minimum.

McKinney and Winfield are huge early possibilities. McKinney maybe at #18 or #26. Winfield around #39.

agree, although I’m holding out hope it’s 26 and 39.

I suspect if we get Tua at 5, a trade up from 18 will be in order to get one of the big 4 OTs.....if possible.

Most of the simulations I’ve done yielded at least safety with our top 5 picks and 2 safeties overall. It’s a mission critical position for this franchise, especially with 2 great CBs. Time for Miami to put the clamp(s) down.

I like their CB’s but it still won’t surprise me if Howard is traded if the Dolphins move up in the draft. The Lions traded away their best CB and getting Howard and the Dolphins 5th pick and possibly a second round pick would probably be enough for the Dolphins to move up to 3 if they want to.

I would rather keep Howard and stay at 5. Yet if Grier is dead set on drafting the QB he wants, he might decide that trading up is the only way to assure he gets that QB if the Redskins don’t draft that QB at 2.
The Lions signed Desmond Trufant to replace Darius Slay.

And paid him two years $21 mil with $14 mil guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom