Miami's Secondary | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Secondary

McKinney and Winfield are huge early possibilities. McKinney maybe at #18 or #26. Winfield around #39.

It would not surprise me if McKinney is the best value on the board at 18.Miami could move up for an OT or down for more picks but McKinney there has a decent chance of happening.

I agree about Winfield at 39 as well, I have seen him mocked Late 1st but there is a good chance hie goes in that early 2nd round area.

There are some good SS prospects a bit later than Winfield. Chinn and Dugger could be on the board late 2nd early 3rd, but I don't see Miami taking a pair of safeties that early.

But they should have ample opportunity to land FS or a SS depending on who they like.

Howard's contract, injury history and recent domestic issue makes him pretty hard to trade right now.

I don't think Miami wants to move him anyway, I think they wanted 2 quality boundary CB's to allow them the flexibility to blitz and double with the rest of the DB's.

Having 2 guys who can single cover top pass threats really frees up the rest of the pass defense to do more exotic things.

I'm against moving up Danny, but in your example, it would be the same as the #5 + 2 rd2 picks, would it not?

A lot of ppl would jump on that. Even I wouldn't have a big bitch about it, as far as value.

I prefer to keep X, and have reservations about TT, but it's not a horrible deal, value wise.
I have a hard time thinking about giving up X plus an extra 2nd to move up just two spots but of course is not up to me.

It would not surprise me if McKinney is the best value on the board at 18.Miami could move up for an OT or down for more picks but McKinney there has a decent chance of happening.

I agree about Winfield at 39 as well, I have seen him mocked Late 1st but there is a good chance hie goes in that early 2nd round area.

There are some good SS prospects a bit later than Winfield. Chinn and Dugger could be on the board late 2nd early 3rd, but I don't see Miami taking a pair of safeties that early.

But they should have ample opportunity to land FS or a SS depending on who they like.
Simmons could be a hybrid possibility as well, but that doesn't seem likely. He could end up with Detroit at #3.

If Miami really does like Love, then perhaps Brown and/or Simmons could be in play.

More likely. Herbert at # 5 and McKinney or a tackle at #18.

I would like an early S pick and maybe another late.
1 QB
1 or 2 RB
1 or 2 WR
2 OT
1 C
1 G
2 DL with 1 @ NT
3 or 4 DB with at least 1 @ S
I agree, and I like one of the following...
McKinney pick 26....or Winnfield at 26 or 39.....or Dugger at 56

Then later in the draft I would look at Tanner Muse from Clemson, i think he is underrated

Miami has 3/4 of a solid starting secondary on paper, if you include Eric Rowe, who played much better; after being switched to safety. His coverage skills against TE was impressive. I like the backups or sub package kids, they showed they belonged by seasons end. This secondary has the potential to be Elite, with Howard and Jones leading the way.

Howard's contract, injury history and recent domestic issue makes him pretty hard to trade right now.

I don't think Miami wants to move him anyway, I think they wanted 2 quality boundary CB's to allow them the flexibility to blitz and double with the rest of the DB's.

Having 2 guys who can single cover top pass threats really frees up the rest of the pass defense to do more exotic things.

Can you imagine being the 2nd best receiver on the team and know you 'only' have to face X or Jones?

IF they were to trade X, which one would think is doubtful ... it is because there is a fractured relationship with FLO ... which there seemed to be hints of that earlier.

Not having OTAs hurts as far as evaluations go with all these young players going into year 2 ...

Believe we will know for sure on draft day how FLO feels about X ... he may not get traded during the draft, but if we pick up a CB on day 1 or 2, that might be a signal ... and he could get traded post draft, during TC ... for a nice pick next year ...

Day 1 + 2 of this draft will be very interesting!! . Can’t wait !!

IF they were to trade X, which one would think is doubtful ... it is because there is a fractured relationship with FLO ... which there seemed to be hints of that earlier.

Not having OTAs hurts as far as evaluations go with all these young players going into year 2 ...

Believe we will know for sure on draft day how FLO feels about X ... he may not get traded during the draft, but if we pick up a CB on day 1 or 2, that might be a signal ... and he could get traded post draft, during TC ... for a nice pick next year ...

An interesting player is Henderson. He's pretty consistently mocked close to that #18 spot. Lots of mocks have Dallas taking him at #17, but SF is a possibility at #13.

Anyway, I could see Miami taking Henderson even if Howard remains on the team. Could set up a trade for down the road.

Xavier McKinney looks expensive and doesn't have a great athletic profile, Nick Saban is a secondary genius and knows how to get the maximum out of his players so this guy is maxed out and it's a pass for me at 18 maybe 26.

Grant Delpit is an excellent FS when the ball is in the air but as the last line of defense tackling is a huge problem, so it's a pass on him.

Both those guy's look expensive for the 1st round compared to what was available in previous draft but they all went high so?

Players I believe the Dolphins should have interest in 2nd round pick 56 Antonie Winfield Jr., Jeremy Chinn 70 Kyle Duggar Ashtyn Davis - Winfield has the best instincts but was red shirted twice for injury and is short 5'9", Chinn is bigger 6'3"220 and has unbelievable athletic traits and could play up at the line of scrimmage but his man to man coverage is weak and needs work Kyle Duggar is a small school prospect with good athletic traits and good size 6' good speed 4.49 and has good weight 217lb excelled at division 2 and has caught the NFL eye, Ashtyn Davis cover 2 FS with decent tackling skills.

If I had to guess and Kyle Duggar dropped to 70 Dolphins may take a chance - hope we don't take McKinney at 18

I don't know that taking acorner rd2 or 3 signals anything, in terms of X. The old addage, you can never have too many goid CBs is true.

Where did you hear there was a rift with Flo?

McKinney and Winfield are huge early possibilities. McKinney maybe at #18 or #26. Winfield around #39.

I’ll take both. McKinney to man FS and Winfield to play slot or a 3rd safety depending on our formation. Needham can play 4th CB if we are in quarter sets or sub in for Jones/Howard as needed. McCain can keep the bench warm. Eventually McKinney and Winfield could be our safety duo when Rowe’s contract ends. I’d want McKinney at 26 after an OT at 18 though.

Back
Top Bottom