Miami's Speed Package | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Speed Package

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
This if fun to speculate about. The starting offense, regarding skill players, will be Tannehill, Drake, Gisecki, Stills and Parker.

I see a potential speed package that can be shuttled in. Albert Wilson, Jakeen Grant and Stills. 2 of these guys play wide receiver and 1 goes to the slot in an interchangeable way. Drake or Ballage, both speedsters, man the backfield. In this speed package or, "the Gazelle" as I would call it you have all your fastest offensive players on the field at the same time. By having Wilson and Grant on the outside you're putting a ton of pressure on the defense to account for that kind of speed. In this example Stills is in the slot and Drake/Ballage in the backfield. The fun thing is there are so many different ways to switch things around shuttling guys in and out with different skill sets. Gase has to be chomping at the bit.

What kind of offensive packages do you guys think would be the most exciting. We need to be fast, precise and dynamic on offense, we've been predictable for too long.

Bunch formations. Don't lose sight of Grant for one second or your toast.

If Parker stays healthy and produces, the rest of his teammates are going to be lethal.

If Parker and Gesicki are both weapons this season, ummmmmmm good luck.

We have lots of speed now but we need to put it to good use. It's ok to have a bubble screen from time to time but use that speed to go forward instead of these 2 yard passes to the left.

We have lots of speed now but we need to put it to good use. It's ok to have a bubble screen from time to time but use that speed to go forward instead of these 2 yard passes to the left.

If it's Landry catching it i agree. Those got brutal to watch.

Jakeem going at full speed is a different story. That dude looks like a RB with WR speed. I've never seen those kinds of afterburners from someone that small. He's a combination of Darren Sproles upper body and Ted Ginn's legs. It's no coincidence both of those players took a few years to find their niche in the NFL.

Gase and Tannehill are salivating at the potential here.

This if fun to speculate about. The starting offense, regarding skill players, will be Tannehill, Drake, Gisecki, Stills and Parker.

I see a potential speed package that can be shuttled in. Albert Wilson, Jakeen Grant and Stills. 2 of these guys play wide receiver and 1 goes to the slot in an interchangeable way. Drake or Ballage, both speedsters, man the backfield. In this speed package or, "the Gazelle" as I would call it you have all your fastest offensive players on the field at the same time. By having Wilson and Grant on the outside you're putting a ton of pressure on the defense to account for that kind of speed. In this example Stills is in the slot and Drake/Ballage in the backfield. The fun thing is there are so many different ways to switch things around shuttling guys in and out with different skill sets. Gase has to be chomping at the bit.

What kind of offensive packages do you guys think would be the most exciting. We need to be fast, precise and dynamic on offense, we've been predictable for too long.

I said last year I'd like to see some plays with Grant/Stills wide and Parker/Landry inside. Now there's Wilson and Gesicki

If it's Landry catching it i agree. Those got brutal to watch.

Jakeem going at full speed is a different story. That dude looks like a RB with WR speed. I've never seen those kinds of afterburners from someone that small. He's a combination of Darren Sproles upper body and Ted Ginn's legs. It's no coincidence both of those players took a few years to find their niche in the NFL.

Gase and Tannehill are salivating at the potential here.
I have no problem using those to him but you need to go on top too just to get the defense to back off. Then when they're worry about getting burn deep you can do those under with room to run.

If the OL gives a little time the possibilities are nearly endless. I can't think of a time ever when we potentially have a person at each skill position that a defensive coordinator would need to worry about getting behind the defense given a little time.

If we demonstrate the ability to hurt with long plays the running game will be tough to stop. Balance should be easy.

I have no problem using those to him but you need to go on top too just to get the defense to back off. Then when they're worry about getting burn deep you can do those under with room to run.

And that's what Stills brings you. Kenny is a vertical guy through and through. He doesn't have Jakeem's shiftiness.

In general I'm not a big fan of bubble screens unless you have the right personnel for it.

For all the knocks on Parker's production, I will say this without a doubt, in 2016 he was a supremely gifted downfield blocker. As were Landry and Stills. A very overlooked aspect of some of Ajayi's runs, and quite a few big plays from the WR's, were prompted by them getting downfield and putting a helmet on someone.

And we're not even talking about the depth that Amendola, Wilson and Gore bring.

I can say one thing for sure
Omar Kelly is the fastest beat writer

an example below

k_Yg_EYyg.gif

Honest question because I really don't know, but is there any other team that has as much speed at the skill positions as we do? IIRC, we have 3 receivers and 2 RBs with combine times in the 4.4's. I know some teams don't even have one guy with that kind of speed.

It is most definitely time for the offense to take off. If Miami is going to make a playoff run, which I think is possible, it will be because of the offense. Lots of speed, finally talent on the offensive line, Tannehill coming back, and what looks like the semblance of a good running game. This should be at the very least a slightly above average offense. If players emerge, it could be even better.

To me, Grant is definitely a player who needs more touches. I like the speed options with him, Wilson, Stills and Drake on the field at the same time.

Ren, you're just looking at the offense! We have some real burners on defense as well. We increased team speed in a big way this off-season!!

I think that with Grant and Stills on the outside and Wilson and Amendola in the slot Gesicki would almost have to be one on one with a LBer. How are you going to stop that? You can have them playing on their heels and then you could cross them up by running out of a passing formation with Ballage or Gore. Drake is a huge weapon in the passing game so we have to draw up some good stuff for Kenyon.

How can we incorporate pre snap motion to influence the LBers away from the flow of the play? It would be cool if someone with more knowledge than me explained how this works. I wonder how deep we can get into the Playbook now that we have players that can learn the plays. I think we can be much more sophisticated on offense with more cerebral team first guys.

Back
Top Bottom