Micah johnson, Nolan Caroll, and Nate Ness pretty impressive | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Micah johnson, Nolan Caroll, and Nate Ness pretty impressive

all I know is everytime I looked up Micah was in the mix either making the tackle or right there helping with a tackle, given it was mostly TB's 2nd and third rotations he looked like a scud missile homing in on is target.. If he continues to play at that level he will make our roster.. He has all the tools to do it just needs to apply himself and stay healthy..

Nolan Carroll was good, I really like what Ness did in the endzone, Micah Johnson really played his heart out...

our depth is really coming together, I like where we are now

all I know is everytime I looked up Micah was in the mix either making the tackle or right there helping with a tackle, given it was mostly TB's 2nd and third rotations he looked like a scud missile homing in on is target.. If he continues to play at that level he will make our roster.. He has all the tools to do it just needs to apply himself and stay healthy..
I agreed with everything there except the comparison to a scud missile. the The Trident II D5 would be more accurate.

no it wasnt, it was a good call. no need to be slamming qbs in the ground in a preseason game, especially if you dont want retaliation on your own qb.

He didn't slam the QB to the ground he tackled him in the end zone for what was almost a saftey...... this is football not women's basketball. I really hate the direction of the league on these types of plays. That was a legit tackle in the end zone how was he supposed to know the QB had gotten rid of the ball after he wrapped him up?

Ness defenses two passes in the end zone, caused a forced fumble, and was solid in coverage and some people were not impressed? Wow. Ness had the best game of the defenders last night. If Ness keeps his level of play up he will make the final 53.

I do like Carroll and he will get a lot of work this PS because of Allen's injury but he does need to work on his tackling techniques.

I think the d played solid considering we weren't even blitzing. The qb will not have that much time in the regular season. Last night was about manning up against the guy in front of you and beating ur guy. Our defense played really solid and I'm not worried about our corners. S. Smith made some nice tackles and that was my knock against him, he seemed like he didn't play physical. hope he keeps it up.

He didn't slam the QB to the ground he tackled him in the end zone for what was almost a saftey...... this is football not women's basketball. I really hate the direction of the league on these types of plays. That was a legit tackle in the end zone how was he supposed to know the QB had gotten rid of the ball after he wrapped him up?

Sorry, but you are wrong. It was not a legit tackle. According to the rules of the Nation Football League, you can not lift and slam a QB, PERIOD!!! And that is exactly what happened. If you don't like the rules then that I can understand, but like it or not any ref who saw what happened on that play would have to make the same call.

I did like the play of Micah however except for that one play. He played with a lot of instinct and power. He played as if the game wasn't too big for him.

I think the d played solid considering we weren't even blitzing. The qb will not have that much time in the regular season. Last night was about manning up against the guy in front of you and beating ur guy. Our defense played really solid and I'm not worried about our corners. S. Smith made some nice tackles and that was my knock against him, he seemed like he didn't play physical. hope he keeps it up.

We blitzed on nearly every single play. I will have to go back and check but I didn't see a single play where we didn't send at least one LBer. We didn't show em our good stuff, and for sure we will have better pressure on a dry field, but to say we didn't blitz is not accurate.

Sorry, but you are wrong. It was not a legit tackle. According to the rules of the Nation Football League, you can not lift and slam a QB, PERIOD!!! And that is exactly what happened. If you don't like the rules then that I can understand, but like it or not any ref who saw what happened on that play would have to make the same call.

I did like the play of Micah however except for that one play. He played with a lot of instinct and power. He played as if the game wasn't too big for him.
I only saw the play once but it looked as if he had him wrapped up and was unable to see that he got rid of the ball. I didn't see him lift him instead he drove through him which is a nice play. I think 4 out of 5 times that won't be called.

He didn't slam the QB to the ground he tackled him in the end zone for what was almost a saftey...... this is football not women's basketball. I really hate the direction of the league on these types of plays.

again yes he did. he picked him off his feet and slammed him. i understand where you are coming from. if its a regular season game i would be questioning too but this is preseason, no need for it. teams are trying to stay injury free like us too.

The biggest knocks on Micah Johnson coming out were that he is very slow, and he's a 2 down LB. I've loved him as a player since his freshmen season (very smart and instinctive), but if he makes the team he'll only play on short yardage and goal line situations.

Austin Spitler looked terrible he was out of breath I thought he was going to pass out!

Back
Top Bottom