Micah johnson, Nolan Caroll, and Nate Ness pretty impressive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Micah johnson, Nolan Caroll, and Nate Ness pretty impressive

JRoX85

Practice Squad
Reaction score
just as title states minus Micah Johnson's one bone head late hit play (he got excited) he did pretty well out there seemed to always be around the ball and making tackles

Nolan Caroll made some pretty nice plays at CB breaking up some passes and shutting it down

How bout Nate Ness he really stood out to me def holding his own

rookies are expected to make boneheaded plays, but when you see the hussle and the knack for being around the ball that micah displayed, you are playing yourself into a roster spot.

I think alot of rookies tonight made a contribution of some sort, i mean Odrick had few plays with a good push and had a fumble recovery, Misi had 2 tackles and Spitler had 4 just a good showing by our rookies who are in a completely different kind of system than any of them have ever seen or been a part of. If they keep this up we will be good on D.

tony MC Daniel was a beast and solia made some nice plays too. once again the starting corners look suspect and why does vontae line up so far off of the ball?

Anyone notice Douglas beasting it for a would be sack if he wasn't held? holding wasn't called, but dude was beasting it.

I really liked Micha before the draft and when he became a free agent I was hoping we brought him in

I hate that Edds went down but if it means we lose Edds for one year but add someone that can really contribute in the future i guess id be worth it

Dansby
Edds
Johnson
would be a good young set of MLB to have if Crowder does step up this year

It wasn't a late hit. They flagged him for picking up the QB and driving him into the ground. It's hard to call it a bonehead play for just doing what a linebacker does.

I think Nate Ness had some struggles early on but he proved he's a definite practice squad player. I think he can add some depth when necessary depending on the progress of Will Allen of course. I was glad to see Kevin Hobbs get into the mix as well. He had a few nice plays that went unoticed. Listen, all three strings provided turnovers for this defense tonight. It's just a matter of who the right players are that can gel with the 53 man roster this season. I think Ness will end up on the practice squad Nolan Carroll will be our 5th CB and rotate with Jason Allen. I also noticed that Jason Allen was playing quite a bit tonight...can we say trade bait? lol.

Nate Ness had a pretty good game. He had his struggles early on, but he made some great plays early in the game.

I was not impressed w/ Ness & hope he plays better @ Safety than CB.

It may be immaterial as J Allen & Carroll looked decent backing up Vontae and Sean.

Loved how Carroll & Misi played. I notice Odrick causing pressure, liked how our rookies played.

Ness was targeted a lot, namely on that goal line stand and he held his own. Because of the fact that he can play saftey and corner gives him a better shot at making the 53 man roster. I also though John Jerry played well tonight, as well as Paul Soliai. Soliai was very disruptive at NT. If we have a DE go down, I'm wondering if we would then move Starks back to DE and play Soliai at NT.

Back
Top Bottom