Michael Bennet visting Dolphins today | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Bennet visting Dolphins today

so you think that was his market as a free agent in what we now know is a buyers market all the way...i know i'm not by myself with my thoughts on the wheeler deal...there's no way that guy was getting that money looking at his tape...i do think he's a solid football player but there's limitations in his game that you cannot hide...

Miami was not bidding against their selves on that one, but I can't tell you whether it was a slight overpay or what, it was a solid acquisition for a solid player. That's all I can say. And I disagree on his tape. He has very good tape, IMO. He had good tape in Indy a year ago, too.

Yeah, but I am not seeing the Ernest Wilford, Legedu Naanee, Jake Grove, type idiots in this class.

I hear you, though. Starks is the nice big free agency find during Ireland's reign as GM. His success rate so far has been dismal. This year's moves look smarter.

that's true...there's none of those...no gibril wilsons either...at the same time though there should never be any of those...there's no bonafide bust here...there's definitely some going further than we needed to given the market contracts though i'm seeing...but yeah i guess i should be happy we haven't just crapped the bed yet either

Miami was not bidding against their selves on that one, but I can't tell you whether it was a slight overpay or what, it was a solid acquisition for a solid player. That's all I can say. And I disagree on his tape. He has very good tape, IMO. He had good tape in Indy a year ago, too.

so then tell me who else was in on this and at a $10 plus mil guaranteed kind of way...

as for the tape might as well put out there what i see...i don't see a guy that warrants that level money that's for sure...what i see in oakland where the guy made 700k this last season is a guy that plays smaller than he's listed...listed at 240 plays more 225...not much of a stack and shed guy when he's clean he finds the ball he's willing to stick his nose in there though as a tackler and he's got some feistiness...i like the speed and the way he can run sideline to sideline i like the pursuit of the ball and the motor in coverage when asked to drop he looks ok in man he looks pretty solid for what i have seen...but against the run inside the tackles i see average instincts he doesn't shoot many gaps and make a lot of tackles for loss imo seems to let the action come to him in some regards...angles look ok to the ball...i see him off the ball and instead of attacking bouncing around and waitng for the action to get to him his initial read and dx to me looks pretty average...as a blitzer he looks good when he's clean and he can find the ball but i also see a guy asked to stand up and rush on the edge on overload sets and when he was accounted for he did nothing...when he was clean he made plays or hits on the qb etc...in the run game the guy was pulled off the field in short yardage...a liability at the poa...in miami i think it will be the same and i expect the opposition to run downhill at him whenever possible...he doesn't get off blocks well the efforts definitely there but he's too light and gets washed out too much he'll make the tackle if you come near him albeit 5 yards downfield if he has to shed anyone...

all miami did week 2 was find him at the 2nd level or lined up on the edge with the te and eat his lunch...i'm trying to figure out how coyles gonna use this guy to hide his weaknesses and i just don't see how...

it reeks of me as miami wanted to get out from under dansby and burnetts contracts and in wheelers case they were willing to overpay to make it happen...

as for these backers in coverage...all these new guys are short and light in the pants...who the heck is gonna handle gronks physically either off the line or down the field??? i don't see it...we jus gonna try an run with these big physical te's i guess...

Signed one year deal with Seattle. Understandable that we lost out on this one to a contender.

Back
Top Bottom