Michael Crabtree visiting | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Crabtree visiting

how is that pretty clear? By bringing Crabtree in for a visit? :lol: Crabtree has ZERO effect on our draft picks.

You don't trade for Stills and assuming sign Crabtree just to use a 1st round pick on WR. Signing Crabtree means we have Matthews Landry Stills and Crabtree with Hazel in the mix. I don't get the deal with drafting. WR in the 1st round...

how is that pretty clear? By bringing Crabtree in for a visit? :lol: Crabtree has ZERO effect on our draft picks.

I was thinking the same thing lol

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

You don't trade for Stills and assuming sign Crabtree just to use a 1st round pick on WR. Signing Crabtree means we have Matthews Landry Stills and Crabtree with Hazel in the mix. I don't get the deal with drafting. WR in the 1st round...

When you jettison 3 pass catchers before those signings I think it makes sense

I was thinking the same thing lol

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

When you jettison 3 pass catchers before those signings I think it makes sense

Crabtree fills up our WR core, you don't trade for Stills and sign a vet just to draft. WR in the 1st round. Not when you also have Landry and Matthews, would make no sense.

Ehh, I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe Crabtree is insurance just in case we don't get the WR we are looking for in the draft. Because If the Dolphins ARE targeting a Feature WR in the first round, there's no guarantee there will be one on the board when we pick. So maybe the FO is just smart and covering their bases.

Ehh, I wouldn't be so sure. If the Dolphins ARE targeting a Feature WR in the first round, there's no guarantee there will be one on the board when we pick. And as it stands now, we still need another at lease decent WR. So maybe Crabtree is insurance just in case we can't get a WR in the 1st.

If they do because it's BPA then I am ok with it, but that would be the only reason

If we get Crabtree then I highly doubt we go WR in the first 2 picks. If Waynes fall to us we will get him if not Kendricks will be the pick.

I'd like to see them sign Crabtree but only for a reasonable deal like 2 yrs for 7-8 million. 3 for 18 is way too much imo

they might trade Matthews for a 5 or 6 round pick

I would be shocked with how cheap he is

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I'd like to see them sign Crabtree but only for a reasonable deal like 2 yrs for 7-8 million. 3 for 18 is way too much imo

I am not crazy about him at all. I would like a 2 year prove it deal

Signing Crabtree fills a need, and gives us a little more flexibility with the draft. So if one of the top recievers is not there were not totally screwed and can pick another area were there might even be greater need.....ILB, G..... And if one drops to us, well decision time and not a bad position to be in...

If we sign Crabtree.....I get the feeling they will draft another speed guy later in the draft.

Think.....Phillip Dorsett, Tyler Locket...Maybe even Devin Smith.

This will indicate they have something else in mind for round 1.

If we sign Crabtree.....I get the feeling they will draft another speed guy later in the draft.

Think.....Phillip Dorsett, Tyler Locket...Maybe even Devin Smith.

This will indicate they have something else in mind for round 1.

If you take a WR in the 2nd round...which is where you would have to take those guys you mentioned...what are you taking in the 1st? When do you address the O-line? LBs? CBs?

If you take a WR in the 2nd round...which is where you would have to take those guys you mentioned...what are you taking in the 1st? When do you address the O-line? LBs? CBs?

def one of those positions..... lol

i'd rather WR in the 3rd.... but prob would have to go 4th. 2nd round is tough to WR for me... I'd rather get one of the positions there too you listed.

If we don't go WR in the first round, the only thing I'd be happy with would be going after RB like Gurley. I really wanted AP, but it's clear that was never happening. I think we can get a good LB in Round 2, hopefully Denzel Perryman.

Also, for you guys saying to draft CB, don't CB's usually take a while to develop? Dee Milner has sucked and he was a sure star CB prospect. Vontae Davis took awhile. All of our corners have taken awhile. I feel like WR's like Amari Cooper or Kevin White could be great from day 1.

As boring as it sounds, fix the OL, many of the problems go away. Having a good OL make even a mediocre QB, RB, and Receivers all look better. (Not saying this is what we have btw)

Back
Top Bottom