Michael Crabtree visiting | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Crabtree visiting

Actually, it was, it was insane. For instance, we haven't had a receiver in Miami produce those types of numbers in 30 odd years.

Two years @ $11 million with $4 guaranteed is the type of offer I'd make. That way we basically get him on a one year $4 mill prove it deal and we have the option to do as we please in year two where we would either cut him or extend him.

Not produced a season like that in 30 years? Look up Brandon Marshall in 2011 dude.

I'm curious as to why so many fans on here talk about Rishard Matthews so much. Some on here make is seem like he's starting material and I'm just curious why you think that? I believe he's had his opportunity to show in practice and camp what he's capable of and if he's not starting by now then I think we know what matthews really is....just a back up WR

i liked what i saw from him when he was on the field. now i am also saying this in fact i liked what he did better than Gibson.

but al lin all with Matthews, this is his year to work and prove himself. he needs to otherwise, probably gone after this year. this is his chance to shine, and get his career going. hopefully thats what most people are saying and not making him out to be some dominant figure yet. he has a lot to work on and prove!!!

i liked what i saw from him when he was on the field. now i am also saying this in fact i liked what he did better than Gibson.

but al lin all with Matthews, this is his year to work and prove himself. he needs to otherwise, probably gone after this year. this is his chance to shine, and get his career going. hopefully thats what most people are saying and not making him out to be some dominant figure yet. he has a lot to work on and prove!!!
I agree. He's had some good moments. This is the year to put it all together if he ever will. The other teams will be looking for Landry,Stills and Cameron. He should see nothing but single coverage and needs to win those.

Ozzy rules!!

If we could combine Matthews and Moore we could have a super power. We could finally defeat mother Russia.

Actually, it was, it was insane. For instance, we haven't had a receiver in Miami produce those types of numbers in 30 odd years.

Two years @ $11 million with $4 guaranteed is the type of offer I'd make. That way we basically get him on a one year $4 mill prove it deal and we have the option to do as we please in year two where we would either cut him or extend him.

Change of scenery can at least help with mindset. Clearly what happened at the end with Harbaugh was bizarre.

Not produced a season like that in 30 years? Look up Brandon Marshall in 2011 dude.

OK, more like 20 years. The last time we had a WR ranked in the top 10 in DYAR was when Irving Fryar was ranked 7th in the league in 1994 (Marino). Crabtree was ranked 6th in 2012 (Kaepernick/Smith). Marshall was ranked 18th in 2011 (Moore/Henne). I'll grant you, the top DYAR ranked players typically have elite QBs throwing them the ball, for instance this season if you convert the top ten recievers name to their respective QB you would have:
1. Roethlisberger
2. Rodgers
3. P. Manning
4. Rodgers
5. Romo
6. E. Manning
7. Ryan
8. P. Manning
9. Washington's revolving door of QBs
10. Flacco

For me I would look at that and instantly recognize Jackson could very well be the top receiver in the NFL considering the guys throwing him the ball. And I wouldn't put Eli in the same category as Rodgers so Odell Beckham should be elevated as well. So as far as Crabtree is concerned you can only come to two conclusions: either Kaepernick is much better than he gets credit for and is elevating above average receivers, or Crabtree was even better than his ranking of 6th in the NFL.

OK, more like 20 years. The last time we had a WR ranked in the top 10 in DYAR was when Irving Fryar was ranked 7th in the league in 1994 (Marino). Crabtree was ranked 6th in 2012 (Kaepernick/Smith). Marshall was ranked 18th in 2011 (Moore/Henne). I'll grant you, the top DYAR ranked players typically have elite QBs throwing them the ball, for instance this season if you convert the top ten recievers name to their respective QB you would have:
1. Roethlisberger
2. Rodgers
3. P. Manning
4. Rodgers
5. Romo
6. E. Manning
7. Ryan
8. P. Manning
9. Washington's revolving door of QBs
10. Flacco

For me I would look at that and instantly recognize Jackson could very well be the top receiver in the NFL considering the guys throwing him the ball. And I wouldn't put Eli in the same category as Rodgers so Odell Beckham should be elevated as well. So as far as Crabtree is concerned you can only come to two conclusions: either Kaepernick is much better than he gets credit for and is elevating above average receivers, or Crabtree was even better than his ranking of 6th in the NFL.

Or the coach in San Francisco knew exactly how to design plays to make things favorable for his players...before everyone caught on that is. Kind of like RGIIIs first season in the NFL before defenses caught on to what he likes to do and his tendencies.

Simply put Crabtree had one good season...nothing more. Just like Roy Williams (2006), Peerless Price (2002), Koren Robinson (2002) and Webster Slaughter (1989). There are a lot of one hit wonders...Oh, Almost forgot Chris Chambers in 2005.

Or the coach in San Francisco knew exactly how to design plays to make things favorable for his players...before everyone caught on that is. Kind of like RGIIIs first season in the NFL before defenses caught on to what he likes to do and his tendencies.

Simply put Crabtree had one good season...nothing more. Just like Roy Williams (2006), Peerless Price (2002), Koren Robinson (2002) and Webster Slaughter (1989). There are a lot of one hit wonders...Oh, Almost forgot Chris Chambers in 2005.

Maybe he's a one hit wonder. Maybe he's damaged goods. Maybe he's set to return to 2012 form. If there is even a chance he could be a top 10 receiver there is a price point where it makes sense to take the gamble. For me, I would go as high as $4-5 million guaranteed as a one year educated gamble on greatness.

Maybe he's a one hit wonder. Maybe he's damaged goods. Maybe he's set to return to 2012 form. If there is even a chance he could be a top 10 receiver there is a price point where it makes sense to take the gamble. For me, I would go as high as $4-5 million guaranteed as a one year educated gamble on greatness.

Two years removed from 2012, where he doesn't even have 1000 yards combined in the last two seasons, he struggled with getting separation before the injury in an offense that was run first (and really good at it) with a QB who also posed a major threat as a runner (not like Tannehill who can run but not a major threat like Kaepernick who's more of a 1 read, tuck and run QB). Watching them play in 2012 it was almost as if the defense was caught by surprise when Kaepernick actually threw the ball that team was that good on the ground. The arrow on Crabtree is pointing down.

It doesn't really matter though cause the Dolphins screwed themselves this off season. They gutted the team, dumped lots of bad salaries and, by the looks of things, didn't have a plan on how to replace all the positions they lost. It's all good though...we should be carrying over around $10 million in cap space for next year.

There were only two GMs in the league that I thought were worse talent evaluators than Jeff Ireland...one was Gene Smith, formerly of the Jaguars, who was by far the worst. The other was Tannenbaum, who is now here destroying the Dolphins. Shouldn't take him too long to put us down right beside the Raiders as far as worst NFL franchises.

49ers coaches reportedly felt free agent Michael Crabtree was "really slowed down" by lower-leg injuries in 2014.
NFL Network's Albert Breer also says there's a negative "perception" about Crabtree's attitude. The concern about Crabtree's history of lower-leg injuries was borne out in his 2014 usage by the 49ers staff, which deployed Crabtree as a possession receiver. Lower-leg injuries also brought Hakeem Nicks and Michael Clayton's careers to a halt. It's not a surprise Crabtree has drawn scant interest in free agency. Even at age 27, Crabtree doesn't separate or run after the catch like he used to.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5135/michael-crabtree

I try to stay positive, but it doesn't seem like they are doing Tannehill any favors by getting rid of everybody. Look at what a team like Indy does for their QB as far as offensive weapons, and look what Miami sets Tannehill up with this year. Still a long time left before the season, but they BETTER upgrade the offense in the draft or else I see this offense regressing in 2015.

Whats being left out about crabtrees 2012 season is how rediculous that oline and run game was and how they worked pistol and read option heavily and were like seattle the last few years always ahead of the sticks...meaning 8 in the box and great 1 on 1 looks all over the place

Luxuries he wont have in miami

I wouldn't sign Crabtree with the idea that we then won't go and draft a wide out.

I'm down for Crabtree as long as we do everything possible to draft Amari Cooper, Kevin White or Devante Parker.

Back
Top Bottom