Michael Crabtree visiting | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Crabtree visiting

Training camp isn't for a while my friend, be patient. There is the draft, other team cuts and the chance they could still pry Mathis from the Eagles. There are no glaring FA guards out there right now. Connolly from NE is a possibility.

Being Patient! I just don't want us to make a terrible mistake with the OL..Hearing the F.O. talk about being comfortable with D.Thomas and an unproven B.Turner makes me nervous as hell.

Does anyone have a good Dolphin twitter list you could link me to? Mine has Omar Kelly on it and he is flooding my feed with his evaluation of different rappers :bobdole:

Who the **** cares, he is FAR worse than Wallace. This team will miss Wallace big time. Crabtree is useless and injury prone.

Who the **** cares, he is FAR worse than Wallace. This team will miss Wallace big time. Crabtree is useless and injury prone.

You think we're gonna put him in the exact same position and run the same routes Wallace did? Because if we do, then I'd agree with you.

Meh...he made $3.5 million last year with San Francisco...hasn't had much interest from other teams but we're about to pay him more than he made last year...after two underwhelming seasons. Yep, sounds like a Mike Tannenbaum move to me.

His cap hit actually was 4.7 million last year so if Clayton's numbers are correct, it would be less.

I think its fair value deal; a 1 year prove it deal. And clearly indicates that wr is still an option come pick 14.

Is that so? A healthy Michael Crabtree and Mike Wallace is not that huge of a drop off if you look at their career stats. Obviously, Crabtree doesn't have the speed Wallace does, but Crabtree isn't a known quitter like Wallace is.

If he signs for 4 mil and one year combined wed probably have less than 7 mil in the top 4 wrs in 2015...talk about a complete 180 in terms of financial investment at the position...even if you add a top 2 day wr in the draft you will spend less for all 5 than you did for mike wallace alone

Meh...he made $3.5 million last year with San Francisco...hasn't had much interest from other teams but we're about to pay him more than he made last year...after two underwhelming seasons. Yep, sounds like a Mike Tannenbaum move to me.

He got more catches, yards and TD's than Charles Clay last year, and he will cost us half of what Clay cost us.....why you so mad??? :confused:

SEASON TEAM GP REC TGTS YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST
SF
11 48 86 625 13.0 50 2 27 1 1
SF
16 55 101 741 13.5 60 6 40 0 0
SF
15 72 114 874 12.1 52 4 40 0 0
SF
16 85 126 1,105 13.0 49 9 57 0 0
SF
5 19 33 284 14.9 60 1 13 0 0
SF
16 68 108 698 10.3 51 4 35 0 0
Career 79 347 568 4,327 12.5 60 26 212 1 1

Crabtree fits into what Tannehill does very well 10-20 yard passes. He runs nice square ins and outs, deep slants. He actually runs those routes as well or better than Hartline did but with some size and YAC ability. I wouldn't jump over the moon but I'd be excited to see how he fit in with our current crop of guys.

Crabtree fits into what Tannehill does very well 10-20 yard passes. He runs nice square ins and outs, deep slants. He actually runs those routes as well or better than Hartline did but with some size and YAC ability. I wouldn't jump over the moon but I'd be excited to see how he fit in with our current crop of guys.

Yep. I think he would fit perfectly in this offense with his excellent route running and hands. Would be a very productive possession receiver. I like his toughness and his willingness to go over the middle. His highlight reels show him constantly going over the middle and making catches in traffic.

Signing Crabtree also means that we won't go into the draft completely desperate for a WR, and needing a rookie WR to be THE MAN on day one.

Absolute nightmare scenario would be that at draft pick #14, CB Trae Waynes, OT/OG Brandon Scherff, and WR Jaelen Strong are all available, and out of pure desperation, Miami reaches for WR Jaelen Strong, and also need him to be our day one starter. That would be a complete catastrophe.

Crabtree gives us some breathing room. And if we use a 4th rd pick for someone like WR Chris Conley, we will have time to develop him.

Signing Crabtree also means that we won't go into the draft completely desperate for a WR, and needing a rookie WR to be THE MAN on day one.

Absolute nightmare scenario would be that at draft pick #14, CB Trae Waynes, OT/OG Brandon Scherff, and WR Jaelen Strong are all available, and out of pure desperation, Miami reaches for WR Jaelen Strong, and also need him to be our day one starter. That would be a complete catastrophe.

Crabtree gives us some breathing room.

While I agree with you, when you are picking at #14, there should be no reason that who you chose should be able to come in and start day one. With a draft this deep we have to be right and get a starter who can come in and contribute. I also think Jalen Strong would be able to do just that.

I don't want us to sign ANYONE who gives this front office an excuse to draft defense at #14.

To be able to have an excuse to say "No one fell to us who we wanted at WR so we had to hold our nose and pick a cb or lb".

Haven't we learned our lesson yet about signing FA divas/head cases at WR? Let's DRAFT OUR OWN GUY and when he becomes a superstar and turns out NOT to be a diva... we have really gotten something.

To me, signing this guy will be the equivalent of legadu naanee.

Back
Top Bottom