Michael Deiter has been a dud so far | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiter has been a dud so far

He's a 3rd round rookie playing in 5 different line configurations with minimal veteran assistance.

Be calm... He was an all american in college with a lot of college experience. Be supportive and have patience that he will develop.

Also never said by anybody. A bad OL is an excuse in order to actually perform at some competent level, which is absolutely true. Whether that leads to wins or not depends on the rest of the talent on the team.

It's why Fitz has less than HALF the sack rate of Rosen in about the same number of snaps. There were TOOOOOONS of people saying, "How can we expect Rosen to look good when we have a historically bad Oline!?!?!?!?!"

To be fair this line has looked historically bad at times. The last couple games have been better. Against the Ravens and Pats both Fitzpatrick and Rosen looked constantly under siege.

So there's no correlation between a QB's performance and wins? No, you didn't say that, but another myth around here is QB can carry his team.

Nonetheless, the OL is playing better a d we'll know in January how many starters there are
Is the OL playing better though? Or are we just playing a better QB and RB who are making them look better which is what some of us have been arguing all along?

I'm actually kind of surprised his score is as low as it is. I feel like he has been more up and down (admittedly the downs being completely awful) than straight bad.

With how the OL played against Buffalo I do have to wonder if it is a combo of both Rosen and Kilgore struggling with calling and adjusting assignments as much as it is Deiter and other OL members struggling

Is the OL playing better though? Or are we just playing a better QB and RB who are making them look better which is what some of us have been arguing all along?

Yes, the OL is better. Bigger holes (a pretty low bar) and better against stunts and twists. Not saying the RB/QB aren't a factor, but I'll not dismiss better OL play

Yes, the OL is better. Bigger holes (a pretty low bar) and better against stunts and twists. Not saying the RB/QB aren't a factor, but I'll not dismiss better OL play
I agree with you. I just don't want it to turn into some binary explanation where it's one or the other and not both.

That was said by absolutely nobody.
Said by more than a few.

"Don't draft o-linemen before the 3rd round..."

"Don't waste a high draft pick on an o-lineman."

It's been said in some shape or form, ever since I've been on this site.

Said by more than a few.

"Don't draft o-linemen before the 3rd round..."

"Don't waste a high draft pick on an o-lineman."

It's been said in some shape or form, ever since I've been on this site.
Not sure how that means that an Oline doesn't matter.

Not sure how that means that an Oline doesn't matter.
A few of the conversations were for o-linemen going in the 3rd round. Some agreed with Gase, I don't want to search past posts for receipts, that any old o-linemen will do. This season has proven that to be false because this o-line is a step above what people were saying was acceptable/passable and suddenly there is talk of the Pittsburgh and Houston pick going to the o-line.

How'd he grade out versus the Jills? (If it was posted already, I missed it).

Yes, they are. It is all about increasing the number of snaps won to become a consistent performing line. There were some very good snaps with nice double teams through to the second level. The floor is rising, the ceiling is moving a little, and the number of snaps won per game is rising.

Back
Top Bottom