Michael Deiter | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiter

He played a lot of center.

Maybe they see him there?

More value there.
I see him as a LG all day. He handles twists and stunts really well, which is always needed at LG, and particularly important for working with Tunsil. Being so physically dominant, Tunsil doesn't lose many straight up 1v1's, so teams attack him a lot with stunts and twists hoping to create miscommunication and crossed signals. That means the LG's ability to handle those is crucial, as he is the weak link to the QB's blindside. These are things Deiter handles well. At C, that isn't as important, because he has help on both sides and usually will be double-teaming someone.

Michael Deiter is a big strong blocker, and excels at blocking the man in front of him, so he doesn't tend to need much help most of the time. That's hard to find, so I think he offers more value at LG. But his versatility to play LT and C in a pinch is definitely a benefit. I will not be surprised if we replace Kilgore, but I think the plan is probably to play Deiter at LG and solidify that side for the next 7'ish years.

We can't rebuild Rome in a day … but I think plugging the LG hole with a durable, dependable mauler who complements our LT in the passing game is a good start.

I don't know much but I like what I hear. I'd be fine adding a couple more like him.
I was hoping we would … but we didn't. The only other OL we drafted is a project, Isaiah Prince. Big strong, long, mauler kid, but nowhere near the technician or NFL-ready player Deiter is. We added only one starter on each line. I expected 2 on each line … but things didn't work out that way.

I like the pick! Big corn fed boy that played in a tough Conference and kicked ass. How nice would it be if he just comes in from day one and solidifies the LG spot? He and Tunsil become Webb/Sims for the next ten years

Back
Top Bottom