Michael Deiter | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiter

I wouldn't hand him a starting job, but I would let him compete with some for one of the guard spots. The same with Davenport at tackle. At worse you have two young project reserves.

He will get another chance, and he knows what he has to do, in another post he was quoted that he would use this off-season to get much better, and would be far better next season.

Though just words, at least he is not delusional that he's on the right track, snd the off-season was for rest...he knows he has work to do, and is willing to put the time and effert to reach his goal. A good sign.

Every pick is not going come in here and be superstar right way, some are going be bust and some are going be avg.. it take time. I think he will be find by yr 3.. if dolphins give him some time to develop..

Deiter was horrible but I am not an advocate of giving up on young guys before three years are over unless they are in trouble with law or drugs.
Charles Harris, we can trade him for a box of tacos for all I care. In reality trade that bust for another teams bust and see if change of scenery helps

Would like to see him develop and continue to get coached up. Getting stronger always a benefit in this league. Ultimately he makes the 53 but hopefully not a starter. We have to get more talent upfront and added depth. This kid needs to marinate and stew for a while longer before he's ready to go.

As long as he makes the training camp roster, his performance this year will have no impact on his evaluation next year. iThere will be a list of things he needs to improve, but they will give or have given him a portion of that list as part of his exit interview. Further, the performance of a rookie is a poor forecast for the players future performance.

If he's a starter again next year Miami failed at addressing OL.
So, if every other position on the line is improved but, Deiter remains, the Dolphins failed at addressing the OL? Do players ever get better, in your eyes?

Depends what you mean. I don't want the Phins to pencil him in as the starter right now. I want them to bring in options to replace him. He still gets training camp and preseason to outplay the new options though. And if he does get replaced going into week 1, he can still keep working to try to get back to the starting lineup.

Have you seen how many draft picks they have?

NO ONE on that team is pencilled in as the starter, other than X & Parker.

Even Fitz & Rosen probably could be ditched.

They have enough ammo to completely remake the team.

Back
Top Bottom