Michael Deiters future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiters future

PHINSfan

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Today, like most of this season, Michael Deiter play was below par. He was actually replaced a few series and the player that took his place (Keaton Sutherland) looked liked he played better. Sutherland, who was an undrafted rookie, and is actually younger (22 years old) than Deiter.
So, looking ahead, do you think we need to bring in someone to replace Deiter as the starting LG, or give him an off-season of conditioning and let him battle it out with someone else for that spot.

Today, like most of this season, Michael Deiter play was below par. He was actually replaced a few series and the player that took his place (Keaton Sutherland) looked liked he played better. Sutherland, who was an undrafted rookie, and is actually younger (22 years old) than Deiter.
So, looking ahead, do you think we need to bring in someone to replace Deiter as the starting LG, or give him an off-season of conditioning and let him battle it out with someone else for that spot.

They’ll give him at least another year since he’s a third round pick. However if he doesn’t improve drastically his future lies most likely in the insurance or sales field.

As a third round pick I imagine he'll be given the opportunity to improve in a more stable environment that the shitshow he was thrown into this year, but I also get the impression that this coaching team isn't going to go soft on him either.

Next year he will be starting right next to his former teammate, Tyler Biadasz. The plan was to get them next to each other all along, so Deiter will live long enough to see the pairing.

He’s got work to do, but I definitely give him another year. But I also bring someone in to compete for a backup plan.

the whole OL room needs to get way stronger, faster, smarter... struggle thru this finish an’ get started in March

I just heard how good he was when we got him....not so much

wanna count how many misses Belichick’s made the last 2 decades?! they get overlooked by all the winning.. but they still happened

That's what happens when you get like 15 draft picks a year. They get a lot from shrewd trades and then the NFL awards them half a dozen compensatory picks.

Back
Top Bottom