Michael Deiters future | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiters future

I think our best way to get a top notch Oline is through FA.
Most of the draft picks we have taken over the years have been garbage.we got the money so spend it wisely.

This 2019 draft has been such a bust already. Yea yea I know I’ll get too early to tell but man..
I disagree, and yeah too soon. Wilkins has shown growth, AVG just returning from IR made some plays yesterday. Dieter has had a lot of mistakes, but he has a terrible supporting cast, and he’s a rookie. Prince, yeah he was a bust, but he was a late round pick. I don’t think the Rosen project is over yet. Cox has proved to come in handy.

Needham, has shown tremendous growth. UDFA starting and flashing. Laird is doing the same thing, O line is giving this dude no help most the time, but he does flash when there is a hole.

I’d wait another season or so and then declare whether or not these guys or busts. I think once we get some more pieces in place these guys will up their game.

Dieter has the record for starting 48 straight games for Wisconsin. The Tunsil trade greatly affected his season. As a rookie you need stability next to you and he's had only journey men coming in and out of the line up. He needs a full camp to work on strength and explosion. Then he needs some talented players around him so he's not a rookie on a crummy line. At that point if someone beats him out so be it. He'd be quality depth but I'm hoping he settles in to be a good starting LG. If we draft Tyler Biadasz, Dieter's teammate from Wisconsin we might have something great down the road with those two. As it stands we have a lot of work to do on this o-line but I have faith that Flores will see it fixed.

I'm not giving up on Deiter just yet. The whole line has been bad at run blocking this year. He's the only lineman to start in every game for us I believe so at least you can count on him to be out there. He's learning but it's hard when you don't know who's playing next to you from week to week. We need to add in the off season but Deiter will be here so I'm rooting for him.

I think he is relegated to back up duty, we know he can fit that role but he will be replaced at LG by a FA (Thuney) or a draft pick. But good to know you aren't 1 deep on the line depth is key with the attrition of a NFL season. Having guys like Deiter and Boehm as depth guys who can come in and play is a good thing to have. And while Boehm is my 1A to replace someone in a pinch Deiter like some have said will be better when the unit as a whole is better.

Steve Hutchinson would struggle at LG with a turnstile at LT and a mediocre C.

This is what has been going on here for as long as i can recall:

Bad draft pick plays bad: "He's a rookie, you guys are so impatient"

Bad draft pick is still bad 3 seasons later: "They can't all pan out"

If he doesn't get it next season then it's time to cut bait, Deiter too.

I disagree, and yeah too soon. Wilkins has shown growth, AVG just returning from IR made some plays yesterday. Dieter has had a lot of mistakes, but he has a terrible supporting cast, and he’s a rookie. Prince, yeah he was a bust, but he was a late round pick. I don’t think the Rosen project is over yet. Cox has proved to come in handy.

Needham, has shown tremendous growth. UDFA starting and flashing. Laird is doing the same thing, O line is giving this dude no help most the time, but he does flash when there is a hole.

I’d wait another season or so and then declare whether or not these guys or busts. I think once we get some more pieces in place these guys will up their game.
Yes the UDFA class has been stellar with NN and PW. I just think we blew a 2nd on a guy we aren’t even willing to play. Makes no sense but I highly doubt he’s in the future plans. Deiter has been awful and we also gave away a 4th on the Rosen trade if I’m not mistaken. Just not looking good for our 2nd-4th round picks of 2019

Yes the UDFA class has been stellar with NN and PW. I just think we blew a 2nd on a guy we aren’t even willing to play. Makes no sense but I highly doubt he’s in the future plans. Deiter has been awful and we also gave away a 4th on the Rosen trade if I’m not mistaken. Just not looking good for our 2nd-4th round picks of 2019
I was a little disappointed we didn’t take McCoy there. He was one of the BPA at the time of trade to the saints.. then they took him, and now he’s a starter for them.

This is what has been going on here for as long as i can recall:

Bad draft pick plays bad: "He's a rookie, you guys are so impatient"

Bad draft pick is still bad 3 seasons later: "They can't all pan out"

If he doesn't get it next season then it's time to cut bait, Deiter too.

I may be a little more heartless. PS for year 1? I'm good. NO PS in year 2. As far as Deiter and others, fails in year 2? Move on.

The Pats seem to be able to cobble serviceable lines out of non-pro-bowl caliber players.

Based on what I've seen of the play this team is getting out of rookies, practice squad level players, street free agent level players, etc., I'm looking forward to what we can do with five starting caliber guys.

Back
Top Bottom