Michael Deiters future | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiters future

It’s an annual tradition to whiff on any OL we take after Day 1 of the draft. Doesn’t matter who’s in the front office. Grier couldn’t find a mid round OL worth a damn if he had 15 Day 2 picks.

He’ll probably have the next 2 seasons to prove he belongs here, as he is on his rookie contract. If he shows improvement he will likely get to play our year 4 of the contract as well, but I don’t think they’re holding a spot for him.

He’ll probably have the next 2 seasons to prove he belongs here, as he is on his rookie contract. If he shows improvement he will likely get to play our year 4 of the contract as well, but I don’t think they’re holding a spot for him.
Possibly, but look how fast they jettisoned Prince.

Possibly, but look how fast they jettisoned Prince.
Good point. That surprised me as I thought Prince looked better at tackle than Deiter did at guard. Ultimately nobody is safe if they don’t produce, but unless they feel like they’ve found an upgrade his roster spot isn’t in jeopardy. IMHO

Good point. That surprised me as I thought Prince looked better at tackle than Deiter did at guard. Ultimately nobody is safe if they don’t produce, but unless they feel like they’ve found an upgrade his roster spot isn’t in jeopardy. IMHO
Me too, I’m sure we’re going to see a lot more roster churning. Especially for these PS guys playing now, and incoming draft picks this offseason. Competition is good though.

I would sign 2 proven OL in free agency, then draft 2 more (Biadacz/humphrey/lemieux/etc) high. Deiter will get a shot in camp only bc he was a high draft pick, otherwise he prob gets cut outright. As someone else mentioned, depending on who we draft I would try him out at C. At this point they should develop him as the primary backup G/C along with Davis as the G/T backup.

CFL or Arena Football !

Come on, he's a 3rd round OL draft pick. :rolleyes: How many of those do you think become valued starters in their first year on any team? I think he's developing and progressing well enough, all things considered. He may end up being depth only, but I think they are a long way from being sure he's reached his ceiling.

I suspect coaches concluded Prince had hit his ceiling. Deiter has not

Come on, he's a 3rd round OL draft pick. :rolleyes: How many of those do you think become valued starters in their first year on any team? I think he's developing and progressing well enough, all things considered. He may end up being depth only, but I think they are a long way from being sure he's reached his ceiling.

I will be delighted if you are right dude but street FAs and UDFAs are performing better than him right now. He's got to do better and soon if he wants to have a prolonged career here, because 3rd round pick or not we've got the capital and cap to replace him moving forward.

It’s an annual tradition to whiff on any OL we take after Day 1 of the draft. Doesn’t matter who’s in the front office. Grier couldn’t find a mid round OL worth a damn if he had 15 Day 2 picks.
Lol so true,off lineman are so hard to find

I will be delighted if you are right dude but street FAs and UDFAs are performing better than him right now. He's got to do better and soon if he wants to have a prolonged career here, because 3rd round pick or not we've got the capital and cap to replace him moving forward.

So, you would just cut bait with him right now, thus ensuring we wasted a 3rd round pick on a guy who's not much less than marginal in his rookie year? When you make comments like "CFL or Arena league", is that hyperbole? Just asking . . . :ponder:

I think he is relegated to back up duty, we know he can fit that role but he will be replaced at LG by a FA (Thuney) or a draft pick. But good to know you aren't 1 deep on the line depth is key with the attrition of a NFL season. Having guys like Deiter and Boehm as depth guys who can come in and play is a good thing to have. And while Boehm is my 1A to replace someone in a pinch Deiter like some have said will be better when the unit as a whole is better.

Steve Hutchinson would struggle at LG with a turnstile at LT and a mediocre C.
You are correct about any LG struggling with garbage on either side. Dieter was in a rough situation but he's getting better imo.

So, you would just cut bait with him right now, thus ensuring we wasted a 3rd round pick on a guy who's not much less than marginal in his rookie year? When you make comments like "CFL or Arena league", is that hyperbole? Just asking . . . :ponder:

Nope I wouldn't, my comment was pure hyperbole :) You are right we do need to see what we have, just saying the leash though is very short.

Back
Top Bottom