Michael Deiters future | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiters future

I made a similar thread not too long ago. At this point I think he’s more suited as depth rather than a starter.
Could be. It may be too early to really tell. Heck I think Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglass are all still in the league with some of them starting. Point is, as a rook he got thrown into the fire. I think our o-line coach is working miracles really. Kid could develop.

Rookie OL, let say this again ROOKIE OL.

The most difficult position group to play, ROOKIE OL. 3rd round pick....

Easiest spots on the O line to play...LG.

Those who think he should be gone, have a bit of patience. Look at his centre - Kilgore - a 5th round pick for the 9ers, and we traded a 7th round pick for him. So yeah, he is all pro just there. Losing LT and JJ really hurt, no doubt, but would they have made a massive difference if our centres and both guards are turnstyles? Not really.

I agree we need a guard or 2 during FA. Deiter can learn, rotate in and out, get stronger then stay.

He’s hit his ceiling 3 months into his rookie season?
Just speculation, but perhaps he didn't have it upstairs.

I get the impression that mental errors will get you cut just as quickly as physical limitations.

Just speculation, but perhaps he didn't have it upstairs.

I get the impression that mental errors will get you cut just as quickly as physical limitations.

Agree. Part of ceiling. May not be mental in Prince's case, but lack of mental aptitude is a limitation. And ceiling can be physical. Quickness isn't 'quick enough.' Footwork isn't there. Whatever a player's limitations, that's where the ceiling is.

Agree. Part of ceiling. May not be mental in Prince's case, but lack of mental aptitude is a limitation. And ceiling can be physical. Quickness isn't 'quick enough.' Footwork isn't there. Whatever a player's limitations, that's where the ceiling is.
True, there was concern, coming out, about technique/pad level, that some felt was not correctable

The great Billy Turner is one of 2 guards who have given up more pressures than Dieter. Thought I read on here he had turned the corner?? Guess not, I guess he's NOT on the list of success stories after they leave Miami.

Another Grier gem
If you look at the entire 2019 draft, the Dolphins so far have one starter, Wilkins who might end up be a solid starter. The rest of the draft class appears to be players who will be out of the league in a year or two
or nothing but backups.
In fact the best players they got from college were free agents, Williams and Laird. Personally I have very little confident in Grier when it comes to rebuilding this team through the draft. I just don’t think he Is good at evaluating draft picks and I fear that he is going to waste all the drafts picks the next two year and all the cap money signing mediocre talent, just like his former boss Ireland did.

Dude has a dozen games under his belt, and he's not all pro yet? bust
Exactly. OL are rarely ready to start or be at their full potential immediately. Hell, the Eagles drafted a 1st rd OT this year and hes 4th choice tackle on their squad. Give Deiter time. Until this week he had played every snap I think, which was one of 3 rookies in the league to do so.

After a year under the OL coach and maybe a few games having a competent LT, he may surprise us. He did start at OL-University for 4 seasons, he's not bad just not doing much in either run or pass block. He definitely is more solid than Calhoun so far, and they were graded roughly the same preDraft

Back
Top Bottom