Michael Deiters future | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Deiters future

Give him some freaking time. Look how many people were already writing Gesicki off before a few weeks ago.

Impatience... it's the drug of choice around here. If a player isn't an all-pro by his 4th game, he is garbage!!!! YOU ARE AN IDIOT! WE SHOULDA DRAFTED...

Some days, I think this place should be called Cry-babyHeaven.

I was a little disappointed we didn’t take McCoy there. He was one of the BPA at the time of trade to the saints.. then they took him, and now he’s a starter for them.
McCoy was who I thought we were going to pick.

Then WHAM!

Uh, huh?

If you look at the entire 2019 draft, the Dolphins so far have one starter, Wilkins who might end up be a solid starter. The rest of the draft class appears to be players who will be out of the league in a year or two
or nothing but backups.
In fact the best players they got from college were free agents, Williams and Laird. Personally I have very little confident in Grier when it comes to rebuilding this team through the draft. I just don’t think he Is good at evaluating draft picks and I fear that he is going to waste all the drafts picks the next two year and all the cap money signing mediocre talent, just like his former boss Ireland did.

The 2019 draft is the clogged toilet in the room people are pretending didn't happen.

It says a lot that our UDFAs are playing better than our draft picks.

Exactly. OL are rarely ready to start or be at their full potential immediately. Hell, the Eagles drafted a 1st rd OT this year and hes 4th choice tackle on their squad. Give Deiter time. Until this week he had played every snap I think, which was one of 3 rookies in the league to do so.

After a year under the OL coach and maybe a few games having a competent LT, he may surprise us. He did start at OL-University for 4 seasons, he's not bad just not doing much in either run or pass block. He definitely is more solid than Calhoun so far, and they were graded roughly the same preDraft

There are plenty of rookie linemen that can play from the go.

Chris Grier just isn't good at identifying them or talent in general.

Could be. It may be too early to really tell. Heck I think Billy Turner, Dallas Thomas and Jamil Douglass are all still in the league with some of them starting. Point is, as a rook he got thrown into the fire. I think our o-line coach is working miracles really. Kid could develop.
Lol Dallas Thomas is in the XFL

giving up on oline is early is never good. I would argue that giving up on any player before three seasons is ridiculous if you invest a decent draft pick in them.
with that said we can send Harris and Tankersly packing right now

Reactions: MD
Deiter's versatility is a big plus, I'd vote for us giving him more time to develop.

Deiter's versatility is a big plus, I'd vote for us giving him more time to develop.

He'll get next year to show progress. It's possible a good off-season can get him much closer to his ceiling. The critical variable will be the quality of his competition.

There are plenty of rookie linemen that can play from the go.

Chris Grier just isn't good at identifying them or talent in general.
Plenty? Not so much. Without doing any research, I would say far less than half. There are some, but not usually rd3 guys.

Plenty? Not so much. Without doing any research, I would say far less than half. There are some, but not usually rd3 guys.
Agreed.
Not only that but all year long if you listen to any Monday analysis a constant topic of conversation is the overall drop in quality offensive lines throughout the nfl.

Back
Top Bottom