Michael Dieter, Starter Next Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Dieter, Starter Next Year?

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Will he start next season as the starter? I know he’s taking his rookie pounding, but some games he’s looked awful. He might get relegated to backup next season. I would not be surprised if Miami has 5 all new starters on the O-line next season. At least he seems durable.

Will he start next season as the starter? I know he’s taking his rookie pounding, but some games he’s looked awful. He might get relegated to backup next season. I would not be surprised if Miami has 5 all new starters on the O-line next season. At least he seems durable.
I guess it's possible, but it's more likely he comes back better, stronger, and more prepared.

I agree, at times this season, he looked like...well, a rookie. Imagine that.

It also doesn't help that it's been a revolving door if players around him.

He's not one of my top concerns at the moment.

Last edited:
This is why you should primarily build the OL through free agency as its difficult on young OL players and very hit or miss at the position. Open up the checkbook for FA OL and Edge, draft CB, OL to develop QB DL and RB.

How about we start by surrounding him with some better players? yeah? yeah!

Some fans are way to quick to kick rookies to the curve if they aren't all-stars right out the gate.

Possibly, but I think the main goal of the offseason will be to upgrade all areas across the o-line. Depending on where those upgrades end up will determine who on the current line will have a shot to start.

I fully expect at least 3 new starters next year on the o-line.

There are times I wonder what the heck he's thinking as I watch him miss an assignment allowing a free rusher into the back field. Sometimes its beyond ridiculous when it happens. I agree he's not the only issue on the left side as Webb and Davenport are awful and neither should be back next year but Deiter has been bad at times. I think Davis moving back inside may be the only starter next year out of this current group.

How about we start by surrounding him with some better players? yeah? yeah!

Some fans are way to quick to kick rookies to the curve if they aren't all-stars right out the gate.
Not sure I kicked him to the curb, never said he was awful, but as usual you put words in people’s mouths. Basically asking how confident people feel with him going forward. Is he Better than expected, worse than expected or doing as expected?

There are times I wonder what the heck he's thinking as I watch him miss an assignment allowing a free rusher into the back field. Sometimes its beyond ridiculous when it happens. I agree he's not the only issue on the left side as Webb and Davenport are awful and neither should be back next year but Deiter has been bad at times. I think Davis moving back inside may be the only starter next year out of this current group.
Yeah I agree with this, my concern is he does look lost. I hope a couple of new guys next year will destabilize everything. You can't judge him in the big picture of scheme because it requires 5 guys to work in harmony together. is he bad? maybe, but the flipside is that it could be the scheme or his fellow starters. tough to judge. I'm not pressing the bust button for a while still

Back
Top Bottom