Michael Griffin to be our Future FS? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Griffin to be our Future FS?

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Reaction score
Did you guys see this guy play? Huge game tonight. I dont know who won the defensive MVP, but I would give it to him if it were me. He has been playing great all season... and if we dont land a guy like LaRoy Landry in the 1st, we got to grab this guy in round 2... he is a stud and all over the field...

Really? Have you always felt that way or did this game make you say that?

Because I was far more impressed by Griffin than I was by Huff tonight...

I'd like to see him try and get in the way of Vince Young...

I've always liked Huff and tonight just solidified it. They both played great but I thought Huff stole the show. It seemed like he was in on nearly every play. Griffin had a great pick though. It wouldn't have counted in the NFL but whatev. Can't go wrong with either, Bing too. There were about 25 future NFL players in this game tonight. Awesome. I'll take Huff at 16 and be thrilled. We'd have our safety for the next 12 years!!

Stacks said:
I've always liked Huff and tonight just solidified it. They both played great but I thought Huff stole the show. It seemed like he was in on nearly every play. Griffin had a great pick though. It wouldn't have counted in the NFL but whatev. Can't go wrong with either, Bing too. There were about 25 future NFL players in this game tonight. Awesome. I'll take Huff at 16 and be thrilled. We'd have our safety for the next 12 years!!

So if we drafted Huff... you would prefer him at Saftey and not CB, huh?

I like the safety position and he's such a good tackler and a big hitter that it would be nice to have him back there. But if he ended up being a better corner than I'm all for that. Whatever works. I just love his game. He can take it to the house too.

Do you think Michael Griffin will even come out? How many Griffins are on this team anyway? At least 3 huh?

EDIT: There are 4. Three in the secondary and one center.

Stacks said:
Do you think Michael Griffin will even come out? How many Griffins are on this team anyway? At least 3 huh?
I have no idea if he is gunna come out... but if he does... I want him. He was all over the field today... I was glad to see he didnt get hurt on that collision play...

oh, and there are 4 of them...
Cedric Griffin
Dallas Griffin
Marcus Griffin
Michael Griffin

Huff really impressed me last night... had a great game, and rose his draft stock.

I, for one, wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him.

finsnchips said:
Huff really impressed me last night... had a great game, and rose his draft stock.

I, for one, wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him.
:yes:

Hey Nasty, you and I spoke briefly last week about the safety position. I still say that I rather have Huff. I know you are a fan of LaRon Landry, and I think drafting Landry would be a very smart pick because Landry's learning curve would be the same as Travis Daniels since they both know the system already. Huff is a true playmaker in my opinon and he has the ablility to play the safety and cornerback position. His versatility makes him that much more valuable to us, since we run the 4-3 and 3-4 schemes. Physical, interchangeable players is what Saban wants, and Huff is the perfect example.

I do like LaRon Landry and Darnell Bing too. If a better value player falls to us at #16, than I say we pass on Huff in the first, and look for Landry or Bing in the second (hopefully one of them will be there).

Huff and Bing seem to be the only two players on either D who could make a tackle last night. They were in on every play. It was unreal. Every time Young got tackled it was by Bing, and the sames goes for everyone on USC getting tackled by Huff. I would love to have either of these guys. I'd prefer Huff cause I think he's better in coverage but Bing would make a great SS. The talent in that game last night was unreal. So many excellent players, just a joy to watch.

I'm like Nasty, I really came away deeply impressed by Griffin, not necessarily Huff. I like Huff, but my gut is telling me he didn't do anything in the game to make me more impressed with him than Landry.

Back
Top Bottom