Michael Thomas gets pissy with DeVante Parker | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Thomas gets pissy with DeVante Parker

A great QB means the world. You do have to ask if you switched QBs Parker had vs Thomas having Brees how would the results be. No question Brees helps Thomas be who he is

And no question Thomas helps Brees be who he is at the advanced age he now is too.

It goes both ways.

FWIW, we Dolphins fans saw exactly what it looked like to have Dan Marino without reliable receivers. After the Mark bros. great years when they slowed down tremendously, Marino struggled to find receivers that were consistently good or knew where they were supposed to be.

OJ McDuffie, a possession receiver, became his security blanket for a long while until Oronde Gadsden came along, who was also largely a possession receiver.

MIA churned through a lot of different receivers/TE’s over the years trying to find players half as good as Michael Thomas.

Just off the top of my head: Yatil Green, Tony Martin, Mark Ingram, Ferrell Edmunds, Eric Green, Fred Barnett, Troy Drayton, Lamar Thomas.

Last edited:
I’ve already stated my opinion on MT being a crybaby, so I’m not defending him on that front.

But with regard to the comments above, it goes both ways.

When folks are fighting to defend a QB, they’ll say he had no one worthwhile to throw to. When it’s the WR, he has no one worthwhile to throw it to him.

In this case, we all know Drew Brees has been a top notch QB for a long while now. But that doesn’t also mean his receivers, namely Thomas, aren’t top notch too.

I mean, I’ve stated many times that Joe Montana had Jerry Rice on the end of a lot of his passes. Which surely made SF a much better team. But that doesn’t mean Montana wasn’t as great as everyone thinks he was.

Randy Moss caught 23 TD passes while playing in NE and catching passes from Tom Brady. When Randy played in OAK for a lesser team, he didn’t look so good. But we still know that Moss was an all time great.

Point is, all great players need great teammates around them to succeed at the highest level.

Could Parker trade places with Thomas and blow up similarly? Possibly. Talent wise, sure. But we have no way of knowing production wise. Often, players fit into systems differently than others. Parker might not fit Thomas’ role in NO offense as well as Thomas does. Plus, there were still the health issues to overcome.

All in all, with regard to a stud QB throwing to stud WR’s, it’s always gonna seem like a chicken or the egg situation.
I appreciate wrs like Larry Fitzgerald. He produces no matter who his QB is and doesn’t talk crap just comes to work, get results and repeat every Sunday

Answer is clearly B. Michael Thomas is the truth. Part of Drew Brees's success is how great his receivers have been. Michael Thomas is the best of Brees's career and is on track for the hall. Stephon Gilmore is good but he's not a lockdown HOFer

Answer is clearly B. Michael Thomas is the truth. Part of Drew Brees's success is how great his receivers have been. Michael Thomas is the best of Brees's career and is on track for the hall. Stephon Gilmore is good but he's not a lockdown HOFer

Based on what the league pays top shut down corners vs what they pay top wrs I would say GMs would say Gilmore.

I really hope Michael Thomas was just having a bad day and didn't erupt like that because he was truly upset Devante chose "A". If Thomas was really upset at that, he really needs some help.

I really hope Michael Thomas was just having a bad day and didn't erupt like that because he was truly upset Devante chose "A". If Thomas was really upset at that, he really needs some help.
He plays with an enormous chip on his shoulder. Always has, always will. He feels that he was massively disrespected by getting drafted in the 2nd round. I know it's illogical but his ego is so enormous that for him the disrespect is real and it has helped to fuel his success on the field. Don't forget his uncle is Keyshawn Johnson (a former 1st overall Draft pick). He was raised with expectations like no other.

Last edited:
O himGood for parker's I guess he will have another 1000 yd season or Micheal will be talking trash

We had Michael Thomas on our team (not the safety) and we called him Jarvis. Thomas is good but he has maybe the most accurate HOF QB throwing him the ball, a pro bowl running back, and an offensive line that has the luxury of releasing a pro bowl guard under 30. Watch how quick the Saints try to cut bait with a possession receiver when Taysom Hill is full time under center.
Let’s see what Parker can do if he gets anywhere near that kind of stability around him

We had Michael Thomas on our team (not the safety) and we called him Jarvis. Thomas is good but he has maybe the most accurate HOF QB throwing him the ball, a pro bowl running back, and an offensive line that has the luxury of releasing a pro bowl guard under 30. Watch how quick the Saints try to cut bait with a possession receiver when Taysom Hill is full time under center.
Let’s see what Parker can do if he gets anywhere near that kind of stability around him
Michael Thomas is way better than Jarvis Landry. Thomas finished the season with an NFL record 149 catches for 1725 yards and 9 touchdowns. When was the last time Jarvis got season numbers like that? His very best was last season in Cleveland with 83 receptions for 1174 yards, 6 TDs. Jarvis is good but despite what you say, the results are not comparable - Thomas recorded 79% more catches for 47% more yards than Jarvis last season.

Last edited:
Let's be honest here. Parker spent 4 of his 5 years looking like borderline 1st round bust material. To his credit, he tore it up last year. I'm glad he has his confidence back but he's a long way from even being in the same conversation with Michael Thomas who if he continues this pace could contend for all time WR numbers.

Putting back on the aqua and green glass after that but let's keep some semblance of perspective...

Hope Parker keeps breaking out and it's a legitimate comparison between he and Thomas in a few years...

Back
Top Bottom