**** Michigan Football **** | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

Finally got it done on the big stage. One more to go.....
I was glad to see Michigan and Washington win. ESPN was responsible for both Alabama and Texas getting into the playoffs because of those teams present and future connection with the SEC.

It will actually be great to see 2 teams outside of the SEC battle for the championship. That being stated, Michigan and Washington are both lucky that they didn’t end up playing Georgia. I believe Georgia is probably the best team in the nation but losing to an inferior Alabama team cost them the chance to play for another championship.

I was glad to see Michigan and Washington win. ESPN was responsible for both Alabama and Texas getting into the playoffs because of those teams present and future connection with the SEC.

It will actually be great to see 2 teams outside of the SEC battle for the championship. That being stated, Michigan and Washington are both lucky that they didn’t end up playing Georgia. I believe Georgia is probably the best team in the nation but losing to an inferior Alabama team cost them the chance to play for another championship.

ESPN has an investment in the big 10 too of which Michigan & UW have a present & future connection.

ESPN has an investment in the big 10 too of which Michigan & UW have a present & future connection.
While the Big 10 does have a contract with ESPN, it also has contracts with several of the other networks too.

The SEC is the conference that is tied to ESPN more than any other football conference. I have no problem with conferences getting as much money as they can from the networks. I just have an issue with ESPN basically having control over the selection committee when it came to picking the final 4 teams.

While this is the last year of only 4 teams in the playoffs, I have no doubt ESPN will do everything possible next year and in future years to ensure the 12 teams that make the playoffs will be loaded with SEC teams. I just think ESPN has far too much power over college football and that makes watching college football far less appealing to me.

I didn’t watch either of the games this past Monday but I will watch the championship game because Alabama and Texas aren’t in the game.

While the Big 10 does have a contract with ESPN, it also has contracts with several of the other networks too.

The SEC is the conference that is tied to ESPN more than any other football conference. I have no problem with conferences getting as much money as they can from the networks. I just have an issue with ESPN basically having control over the selection committee when it came to picking the final 4 teams.

While this is the last year of only 4 teams in the playoffs, I have no doubt ESPN will do everything possible next year and in future years to ensure the 12 teams that make the playoffs will be loaded with SEC teams. I just think ESPN has far too much power over college football and that makes watching college football far less appealing to me.

I didn’t watch either of the games this past Monday but I will watch the championship game because Alabama and Texas aren’t in the game.

I don't disagree with anyhing you've said. I just wanted to point out what might not have been so obvious.

That said, I did not watch alot of college football Monday which is highly unusal. The Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy was a decent way to start the new yr

I was hoping it'd be UW & Bama in the final with the Huskies winning it all.

I despise the big 10 and hope Washington & Oregon terrorize that conference for yrs to come.

p.s. The big 10 now has (for all intents) three of the most overhyped programs in the history of ever.

I don't disagree with anyhing you've said. I just wanted to point out what might not have been so obvious.

That said, I did not watch alot of college football Monday which is highly unusal. The Twilight Zone marathon on Syfy was a decent way to start the new yr

I was hoping it'd be UW & Bama in the final with the Huskies winning it all.

I despise the big 10 and hope Washington & Oregon terrorize that conference for yrs to come.

p.s. The big 10 now has (for all intents) three of the most overhyped programs in the history of ever.
I am not a Big 10 fan. I also don’t dislike the SEC and I think Georgia was probably the best team in the nation but they lost to Alabama and therefore didn’t deserve to be in the final 4.

My issue is entirely with ESPN and the power they have over college football because of the money they pay to have this power.

While I am not dumb enough to think that FSU would have beaten one of the other three teams in the playoffs without Jordan Travis, I still believe they deserved to be in the final four based on the fact they were undefeated during the regular season.

Even in the final regular season coaches poll, the coaches voted FSU as a top 4 team even without Travis in the lineup. It was ESPN that used its influence with the selection committee to exclude FSU, while putting in Texas and Alabama. Even though both those teams had lost a game during the regular season.

I had no interest in watching the games with both those teams involved but since they both lost, I look forward to watching the Michigan vs Washington game. While I have no rooting interest in either of those teams, I do hope that Washington becomes the eventual National Champion.

I didn’t watch either of the games this past Monday
They were both very worthy games. Very entertaining.

I love the SEC but very much dislike both Alabama and Georgia and am I'm not unhappy either team is playing for the Natty.

They were both very worthy games. Very entertaining.

I love the SEC but very much dislike both Alabama and Georgia and am I'm not unhappy either team is playing for the Natty.
A good friend of mine watched both games and agree with you that both games were entertaining.

I had decided before the games that I wouldn’t watch either game because they were on ESPN and I didn’t agree with how ESPN used their financial power to force FSU out of the playoffs in favor of Alabama and Texas.

I had been up late the night before the game and after getting home around 9:00 pm on Monday, I just went to bed and saw the scores of the games on Tuesday morning.

I wish the championship game was on any other network but ESPN but unfortunately I have no choice but to watch the game on that network if I want to watch it. I just hope it is a good game and Washington wins but if Michigan wins, I’ll be fine with that too.

Interested to see where Harbaugh will go in the NFL next year. I don't see him staying at Michigan after this year.

Interested to see where Harbaugh will go in the NFL next year. I don't see him staying at Michigan after this year.
My money would be on the Chargers or Raiders. He and his wife enjoyed living in California previously and Las Vegas isn’t far from California and is less expensive.

My money would be on the Chargers or Raiders. He and his wife enjoyed living in California previously and Las Vegas isn’t far from California and is less expensive.
Looks like you were right. Wonder who the replacement in Michigan will be?

Back
Top Bottom