Middle Combine mock (5/28) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Middle Combine mock (5/28)

Finsfan79

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1 Houston: Reggie Bush RB USC - BPA in the draft , since no trades here they take him
2 New Orleans: Matt Leinart QB USC – Top QB in the draft, good fit for them
3 Tennessee: Jay Cutler QB Vandy – Solid showing and good work, local boy
4 New York Jets: Vince Young QB Texas – project player but big name and future (perhaps)
5 Green Bay: Mario Williams DE NCS – Best defensive player in the draft
6 Oakland: AJ Hawk LB Ohio State – Solid LB that can step right in and make a difference
7 San Francicso: Vernon Davis TE Maryland - Amazing athlete, will open the field for gore, and give smith a great target
8 Buffalo: D’Brickshaw Ferguson LT Virgina – Best safest pick in the draft
9 Detriot: Michael Huff CB Texas – Great fast DB could be a safety of CB
10 Arizona: Haloti Ngata DT Oregon – Plugs up the middle and holds down the fort
11 St. Louis: Tamba Hali DE Penn State – defensive end that could work wonders for them
12 Cleveland: Brodrick Bunkley DT/DE FSU – Can be a DE or put on weight for a NT. Great strong fast player
13 Baltimore: Lendale White RB USC – will end up being the best back of the draft, fits their system too
14 Philadelphia Chad Greenway LB Iowa – Great instincts and leadership skills.
15 Atlanta: Jimmy Williams CB/S VT – Atlanta loves their VT folks
16 Miami Manny Lawson OLB NCS - good fit for the next Jason Taylor
17 Minnesota: DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis – good back but little small, still cant be skipped here
18 Dallas: Marcus McNeil OT Auburn – He is a walking wall, just what cowboys need since their tackles were 1 and 2 in sacks allowed last year
19 San Diego: Winston Justice OT USC - good young player, character issues drop him here
20 Kansas City: Gabe Watson DT Michigan – stuffs up the middle for a time to come
21 New England: Chad Jackson WR UF – Top WR in the draft, fills a need, BPA
22 Denver (Washington): Mathias Kiwanuka DE BC – good defensive talent, that is raw
23 Tampa Bay: Jon Scott OT Texas – fills out some of that lack of a line in Tampa
24 Cincinnati: Ko Simpson S SC - Big time hitting safety, BPA here over 100 tackles last year, year before SEC Freshman of the year
25 NY Giants: Demeco Ryans LB Alabama – Great instincts but drops because slow, small
26 Chicago: Leonard Pope TE Georgia = good tight end fills up a need
27 Carolina: Tye Hill CB Clemson - Great coverage Cornerback slips to here and is plucked up
28 Jacksonville: Ernie Sims LB FSU – speedy LB with good raw talent
29 Denver: Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State – speed demon of a wide reciever
30 Indianapolis: Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota - Edge is gone, he fills the hole
31 Seattle: Thomas Howard LB UTEP – great talent and replaced their own OLB
32 Pittsburgh: Nick Mangold C Ohio State- fills a need and is a great talent there

I'd be shocked to see Brick fall that far.

I really hope NE doesn't get Jackson either.

Finsfan79 said:
1 Houston: Reggie Bush RB USC - BPA in the draft , since no trades here they take him
2 New Orleans: Matt Leinart QB USC – Top QB in the draft, good fit for them
3 Tennessee: Jay Cutler QB Vandy – Solid showing and good work, local boy
4 New York Jets: Vince Young QB Texas – project player but big name and future (perhaps)
6 Oakland: AJ Hawk LB Ohio State – Solid LB that can step right in and make a difference
7 San Francicso: Vernon Davis TE Maryland - Amazing athlete, will open the field for gore, and give smith a great target
9 Detriot: Michael Huff CB Texas – Great fast DB could be a safety of CB
10 Arizona: Haloti Ngata DT Oregon – Plugs up the middle and holds down the fort
11 St. Louis: Tamba Hali DE Penn State – defensive end that could work wonders for them
12 Cleveland: Brodrick Bunkley DT/DE FSU – Can be a DE or put on weight for a NT. Great strong fast player
13 Baltimore: Lendale White RB USC – will end up being the best back of the draft, fits their system too
14 Philadelphia Chad Greenway LB Iowa – Great instincts and leadership skills.
15 Atlanta: Jimmy Williams CB/S VT – Atlanta loves their VT folks
16 Miami Manny Lawson OLB NCS - good fit for the next Jason Taylor
17 Minnesota: DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis – good back but little small, still cant be skipped here
18 Dallas: Marcus McNeil OT Auburn – He is a walking wall, just what cowboys need since their tackles were 1 and 2 in sacks allowed last year
19 San Diego: Winston Justice OT USC - good young player, character issues drop him here
20 Kansas City: Gabe Watson DT Michigan – stuffs up the middle for a time to come
21 New England: Chad Jackson WR UF – Top WR in the draft, fills a need, BPA
22 Denver (Washington): Mathias Kiwanuka DE BC – good defensive talent, that is raw
23 Tampa Bay: Jon Scott OT Texas – fills out some of that lack of a line in Tampa
24 Cincinnati: Ko Simpson S SC - Big time hitting safety, BPA here over 100 tackles last year, year before SEC Freshman of the year
25 NY Giants: Demeco Ryans LB Alabama – Great instincts but drops because slow, small
26 Chicago: Leonard Pope TE Georgia = good tight end fills up a need
27 Carolina: Tye Hill CB Clemson - Great coverage Cornerback slips to here and is plucked up
28 Jacksonville: Ernie Sims LB FSU – speedy LB with good raw talent
29 Denver: Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State – speed demon of a wide reciever
30 Indianapolis: Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota - Edge is gone, he fills the hole
31 Seattle: Thomas Howard LB UTEP – great talent and replaced their own OLB
32 Pittsburgh: Nick Mangold C Ohio State- fills a need and is a great talent there
Wow, it seems low for Holmes and No Carpenter? Not sure Pitt will go Center tho he's a good one.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
Wow, it seems low for Holmes and No Carpenter? Not sure Pitt will go Center tho he's a good one.

Ozzy rules!!

Holmes has alot of pressure on him now IMO. Chad Jackson benefited greatly from Holmes not participating in the combine.

Ferguson at 8?

Personally, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE for the Jets to get Young. I would LOVE it.

SpeedRush99 said:
I'd be shocked to see Brick fall that far.

I really hope NE doesn't get Jackson either.

If New England get Jackson I am gunna cry. yeah Brick fall that far is alittle shocking

Philter25 said:
Ferguson at 8?

Personally, I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE for the Jets to get Young. I would LOVE it.

Young in the future may be a good QB however he is no where near ready to play in the NFL. He needs to be sit at least a year. The Jets draft him he will be thrown in there to quick and its a fail fail for Vince Young.

Skeet84 said:
Young in the future may be a good QB however he is no where near ready to play in the NFL. He needs to be sit at least a year. The Jets draft him he will be thrown in there to quick and its a fail fail for Vince Young.

yea, that's what he's saying. the jets would take him and throw him to the wolves, just as we suspect.

SF, Oakland, GB all dont need LT

since I wasnt included a trade he had nowhere to go, hence the fall.

as for Philly they wont draft a WR they have 3 young ones they will go for a Vet WR most likely (Randle El or Givens perhaps).

I would rather take Lawson for our system over greenway anyways. He fits it much much better. We need a strong pass rushing OLB to match across from JT. Lawson played OLB fora year and a half.

Greenway did less on bench then Cutler even lol.
Plus Greenway has a problem of getting off of blocks and when we switch back into a 4-3 sometimes lawson can play a DE.

:)

Please keep the comments coming I love getting them from my fin friends on here. that is why I make these up, hope you all enjoy or makes you think some at least :)

finsfan_84 said:
philly wont take greeennway over jackson, so i say greenway comes to miami :)

I really hope not. I am not a huge fan of his at all. I would much much rather have his teammate in the second round.

Ernie Simms is a top 15 pick now, put your money on that. Dolphins drafting Manny Lawson wouldn't be such a bad thing. He can play that OLB in the 3-4 and he can be a 3rd down pass rusher in the 4-3. If he fills out, he can be a great player in the NFL, but he'll have to be in the right system.

Back
Top Bottom