Middle/late Round O Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Middle/late Round O Line

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
So, a lot of people have been speculating on what we might do based on what the Patriots have done, one of those things being draft o line in the middle/late rounds.
If you were in charge, who would be the o linemen you'd eye up in the mid./later rounds that would fit us?
I recently read a blurb where our oline coach is looking for hard nosed, tough oline. Who are the best fits in rounds 3-6 for this?

Middle: Nate Davis G, Phil Haynes G, Dru Samia G, Tytus Howard T, Oli Udoh T
Late, UDFA: Joshua Miles T, Ethan Greenidge T, Trey Pipkins T, Yosua Opeta G, Devon Johnson T, Derwin Gray T, Yoshua Nijman T

I like the Oklahoma guys: Dru Samia, Bobby Evans, And Ben Powers. Tytus Howard has a ton of potential but the small school guys tend to take longer to develop (ex. billy turner), and not sure we have that kind of luxury. I really like Erik Mccoy as a round 2 possibility.

Middle: Nate Davis G, Phil Haynes G, Dru Samia G, Tytus Howard T, Oli Udoh T
Late, UDFA: Joshua Miles T, Ethan Greenidge T, Trey Pipkins T, Yosua Opeta G, Devon Johnson T, Derwin Gray T, Yoshua Nijman T
I heard Daniel Jeremiah say that Howard could sneak into the first round.

Nate Davis North Carolina-Charlotte

Davis carries good power and outstanding foot quickness on a stout frame and has proven to be consistent and effective in a variety of blocking schemes. His footwork and body control help him square his targets into his power zone, but a lack of arm length creates some inconsistencies in sustaining blocks. He has some flaws, but there doesn't appear to be glaring holes to overcome his areas of strength and become a starting guard early in his career.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nate-davis?id=32194441-5638-7014-16dd-ae9208a0087f

Back
Top Bottom