Mike and Mike said.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike and Mike said....

Finattick

Practice Squad
Reaction score
heard this on espn2 this morning, no link.
Expect Marty to be let go from the Chargers today, and expects the dolphins to move quickly to name him our new HC........This Sucks!:fire:

Yeah, I'd really hate to go 14-2! Might choke in the playoffs, might not, but at least we'd get there! 1 star

Ya, I did'nt relize we had a QB as good as Rivers, a RB as good as LT, a FB like Neal, and a bad *** OL. Your right, Marty is all we're lacking!!! We'll be 14-2 next year if we get him.

Would be a dumb move by the Chargers. If he can coach a team to 14-2 and that playoff game with the pats was a close score... I would like to get a younger coach in here but if he can do the same thing for us as he did for SD then by all means, get him here!

Ya, I did'nt relize we had a QB as good as Rivers, a RB as good as LT, a FB like Neal, and a bad *** OL. Your right, Marty is all we're lacking!!! We'll be 14-2 next year if we get him.

Bro, he had the vision to build that team..right?

Good coach, good personnel skills. We've been lacking over the years in both categories. Maybe Marty is the key.

After hearing about this Shula mess, I would take Marty and give him a welcoming like all of those necks in Alabama.

The man has actualized NFL experience.......not 4 yrs removed like Gailey.......is highly respected by everyone in the business including Don Shula who BTW also had the reputation of not being able to win the big one.....until he won the big one.

Also he knows our existing coaches and should blend in very well thus the transition should be relatively smooth.

IMO he is the best option out there

Good point. It was a good thing he had those guys in Cleveland and KC. Yeah Marty is a terrible coach. :shakeno:

The man has actualized NFL experience.......not 4 yrs removed like Gailey.......is highly respected by everyone in the business including Don Shula who BTW also had the reputation of not being able to win the big one.....until he won the big one.

Also he knows our existing coaches and should blend in very well thus the transition should be relatively smooth.

IMO he is the best option out there

I agree. If I had to rank the options:

1. Marty Schottenheimer with Mike Shula as the assistant head coach.

2. Chan Gailey with Mike Shula as the assistant head coach.

3. Mike Shula

4. Jim Mora

5. Dom Capers

6. Cam Cameron

I'm beginning to notice that most of you guys won't be happy with anyone. At this point, with all the coaches that are candidates, Marty Schottenheimer is a godsend, freagin divine intervention, and the lot of you are still pissing and moaning. You should all get down on your knees and plead, beg to your creator that Marty Schottenheimer is the future head coach of the Miami Dolphins because as of 8:18 AM January 17, 2007 **** is looking grim.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Back
Top Bottom