Mike Ditka tells 'Men's Nite Out' he'd still trade whole draft for Ricky Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Ditka tells 'Men's Nite Out' he'd still trade whole draft for Ricky Williams

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score

"Absolutely," Ditka said of whether he'd do it again. "Of course, that's why I'm sitting here, talking to you."

Williams today is considered a consummate professional within the Dolphins' organization despite a career interrupted by suspensions and temporary disinterest in football.

"You'll never find a better guy, a sweetheart of a guy, a personable guy, a guy who tries to do the right things, and I think his teammates see that," Ditka said.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...out-hed-still-344362.html?cxtype=rss_dolphins

I dont know what was dumber..Trading a whole draft...or trading two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder

Sure, they swore to live happily ever after, didnt they??? Sweet heart.....
clear.gif

I dont know what was dumber..Trading a whole draft...or trading two 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder
That would have turned out brilliant if we had a coach who knew how to use Ricky.

No matter what you feel about Ricky, there is no denying that he is a blue chip player, and a very intelligent guy.

Look at what he is still doing at his age. He split carries and still got over 1,000 yards.

It is no mistake that every guy who has been hired to coach the dolphin's since they signed him has managed to do everything in their power to keep him signed.

He is probably the only thing that Nick Saban & Cam Cameron would ever agree about. Talk about two guys who are complete opposites in every way. Saban may be reviled by most fin fans, but he is unquestionably a good coach.

LOL for the picure of ricky in the wedding dress ricky was the man when he 1st came to the dolphins he is still good and has alot of class hes a great back up for Ronnie especially when ronnie is trucking every body and then ricky comes in and runs like road runner dude still got it at his age he got about 2 more years left i believe

My favorite dolphins players of all time

#1A ricky
#1B OJ mcduffie
#2 ZT
#3 JT

ricky at his age is still the man look at the list of great players on that free agent list really good players and ricky is not one of them i can't belive the players that are there forthe taking it just blows my mind it's unreal it blows my mind....

He has to be the one player that the most draft picks was spent on.

Could be..... The Hershal Walker deal with Dallas and Vikings is right up there as well. Because of that deal Dallas picked up a ton of draft picks that eventually fielded their SP runs of the early 90's.

That's cool, I always figured that would be the one thing he would like to do over, guess I was wrong. As far as Ricky I gotta lot of love for him even though when he left us like he did I felt like a heartbroke ex-girlfriend.

Even though Ricky left, I think you cant help but love him for the fact that regardless of what was happening off the field, he was a BEAST on it. He never let anything affect his football which is what the Dolphins pay, and we love him for. He's been all you could ask for and more when he was on the field. Granted, the dude had some issues off the field, and his life is not consumed by football, but frankly, he's a guy I want on my team.

Is there anyone alive who wouldn't trade Ted Ginn and Paul Soliai for a young Ricky Williams? If you agree, that would be trading our entire 2007 draft for Ricky.

Back
Top Bottom