Mike Gesicki fiercely stands up for Tua. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki fiercely stands up for Tua.

Well I hope we never hear you say that you are a supporter of our QB and want him to succeed

because the results are in:

that ain’t the truth
Can he say that he wants the team to succeed without Tua people shaking a finger saying, "I told you so," or does is his fandom discounted because he doesn't like Tua as the QB?

Getting better sometimes goes beyond stats. It could mean understanding the playbook better, understand his role better, understanding the nuances of the position.
Exactly, it could mean being a better teammate or a leader or better at taking care of their body, think DeVante Parker. Not always about stats.

Can he say that he wants the team to succeed without Tua people shaking a finger saying, "I told you so," or does is his fandom discounted because he doesn't like Tua as the QB?
Oh my

Plenty of people around here bash our starting QB but will state they “want him to succeed” - you may be familiar with them.

that clearly isn’t the vibe we’re getting here with Delvin. I’m sure he wants the Dolphins to be a great team but probably just with someone else at the helm

Oh my

Plenty of people around here bash our starting QB but will state they “want him to succeed” - you may be familiar with them.

that clearly isn’t the vibe we’re getting here with Delvin. I’m sure he wants the Dolphins to be a great team but probably just with someone else at the helm
I get the vibe as with some other posters they would be thrilled at 1-16 for the chance to gloat that it was because of Tua.

16-1 we don't see them post again.

Last edited:
Oh my

I'll lay odds that the lion's share of the ultra-bashing isn't directed toward Tua as much as it's directed toward the opposite end of the spectrum...the ardent supporters.

I answered the question that was asked:
"Let me ask you this, do you think an NFL team can be top 10 in scoring with Bowden, Perry, Ford, Hollins and insert anyone of Parker or Williams for ****s and giggles...?"

Now, you lovely folks want to change it to only QBs "in their rookie year."

Goalposts have been moved so many times in this discussion, I'll let you folks have at it. Just move the posts back after you are done.
WTF is wrong with you? Almost every post you make is to dump on Tua or rain on a positive Tua thread.. in this case, an actual TE who catches his throws vs some doofus from across the country who knows $hit from shinola!

Are you so unhappy that you are using Tua as a surrogate for someone who looks like him IRL making your life miserable? Cut the $hit and start showing you are here to follow the team, not to attack Tua. Besides that, Tua has been a Finheaven topic and virtual member long before you rolled in here from wherever had enough of your OCD and kicked you to curb.

Last edited:
Excited to see what he brings this year. He said he is trying to hammer down the playbook and be as versatile as possible. What do you think he means by that? At first, I thought he might have meant he was working on his blocking. So when we are in 11 personnel, we can utilize him inside and out, but now with Long, I am not so sure.
Well I think you're right, he does mean blocking. But then again, he really wants to be a Move TE, which is kinda like a glorified slot WR who is a size/speed mismatch--exactly what he is athletically. Much like Kyle Pitts in this draft, you don't want those guys wasting their talents blocking too much. But by the same token, if they become competent blockers, it no longer telegraphs them being in the receiver pattern. TE's are a chess piece akin to a knight, they're just hard to contain and nearly impossible to match up against if they're athletic freaks like Gesicki. Good defenses need to account for guys like that on every play.

Now, none of us expect him to be blocking 40% of the time or anything, but being competent at it and blocking 20% of the time would be a welcome addition.

WTF is wrong with you? Almost every post you make is to dump on Tua or rain on a positive Tua thread.. in this case, an actual TE who catches his throws vs some doofus from across the country who knows $hit from shinola!

Are you so unhappy that you are using Tua as a surrogate for someone who looks like him IRL making your life miserable? Cut the $hit and start showing you are here to follow the team, not to attack Tua. Besides that, Tua has been a Finheaven topic and virtual member long before you rolled in here from wherever had enough of your OCD and kicked you to curb.
Hit In The Face GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
And Vaark goes for the knockout!

I remember when some here labeled him a giant bust after his rookie year, much like they now do with Tua. Crazy, I gotta imagine these same people came out of the womb walking, talking, solving complex mathematical equations no learning curve whatsoever.
“Solving complex mathematical equations” - 😂. Gesicki did run like a dork his rookie year 😛

Well I think you're right, he does mean blocking. But then again, he really wants to be a Move TE, which is kinda like a glorified slot WR who is a size/speed mismatch--exactly what he is athletically. Much like Kyle Pitts in this draft, you don't want those guys wasting their talents blocking too much. But by the same token, if they become competent blockers, it no longer telegraphs them being in the receiver pattern. TE's are a chess piece akin to a knight, they're just hard to contain and nearly impossible to match up against if they're athletic freaks like Gesicki. Good defenses need to account for guys like that on every play.

Now, none of us expect him to be blocking 40% of the time or anything, but being competent at it and blocking 20% of the time would be a welcome addition.
I love your analogy of a TE, whereas they are akin to a knight! I never thought of them that way before, but it makes sense, especially if we have the right guy.

I love your analogy of a TE, whereas they are akin to a knight! I never thought of them that way before, but it makes sense, especially if we have the right guy.
Absolutely, a long armed, big handed, 6'6 kid with a 41.5" vertical and 4.5 speed at 250 lbs. and is exceptionally good at high-pointing the ball and coming down with contested catches ... who in the hell can match up with that one on one??!?!?!!??!? Nobody! So, absolute monster of a mismatch TE ... goal line gold, 3rd down easy-mode, seam nightmare, and coverage pattern wrecker. Only bad OC's really want that guy in blocking most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom