Mike Gesicki throwing a pass to himself over his house thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki throwing a pass to himself over his house thread

A pro bowl level TE would be huge for our offense.

George Kittle will be a 2021 UFA, Not sure if SF has the cash to sign him to what he'll want but it would be nice to have a TE WITH 2400+ YARDS the last 2 seasons,plus 173 receptions,and 10 tds and can block like a bulldozer. I'm sure he'll want $10 million or more. Would you do it? I WOULD!!!

Just looked up the cap space for SF 2021, ($44 MILLION) LOOKS LIKE THEY CAN SIGN OR EXTEND HIM OH WELL ONE CAN WISH

George Kittle will be a 2021 UFA, Not sure if SF has the cash to sign him to what he'll want but it would be nice to have a TE WITH 2400+ YARDS the last 2 seasons,plus 173 receptions,and 10 tds and can block like a bulldozer. I'm sure he'll want $10 million or more. Would you do it? I WOULD!!!

TE class come next April (gawd willing!) looks tight.

Always want a tight TE!

I know for a fact Grier is all over that!

I’d trade for Oj Howard personally, he can do everything you want a TE to do and is familiar with Tua btw. Which would free up Gesicki to do his thing

Howard was off to the NFL the season Tua came in as a freshman. They never played together.

As a rookie he looked like an uncoordinated dufus running around out there. So he wasn’t ready. Much improved last year and looks like an NFL player now. Needs to take another big step.

He's in the Julius Thomas mold, and that's where I'd put his ceiling - Thomas was a marginal inline guy too, basically just Manning's mismatch machine.

It took Thomas three years to develop into the insane redzone producer he was in Denver. Hopefully we see a similar jump with Mike next year.

Tua's accuracy is going to really benefit the big guys in the redzone. He can put it up above and backshoulder to the defender consistently and let Parker/Gesicki/Williams go up for it, and all those guys win those consistently.

He's in the Julius Thomas mold, and that's where I'd put his ceiling - Thomas was a marginal inline guy too, basically just Manning's mismatch machine.

Not saying Gesicki will ever be the next coming of Antonio Gates, but you’re selling him short here.

On what basis would you put his “ceiling” at Julius Thomas? Seems rather arbitrary.

In terms of receptions and yardage, recognize that Gesicki’s 2019 — which was by no means all world — would represent the 2nd highest totals of Thomas’ career. He only outperformed both numbers once.

Now TD wise, it’s a different story.

But one had Peyton Manning tossing TD’s to him while the other had Ryan Fitzpatrick running for his life behind a sieve-like offensive line.

Julius Thomas surely had 2 phenomenal years catching TD’s. Beyond that, Gesicki has already shown glimpses of being more than just a red zone mismatch. He can threaten the middle of the field from any part of the field. We saw that the last 1/3 of the season.

His ceiling in that regard is higher than Julius Thomas.

I think y'all are forgetting some of the value of MG. He's basically a tall WR who can kinda block. He also has insane hops. Now think about him, DVP, & Williams versus opposing teams DBs. Serious height and jump ball mismatch. Wilson and Grant then stretch the field. Makes it more difficult to scheme when you have guys who can create mismatches for others.

Fitzmagic will feast this year if the OL can block for more than 2 seconds.

I think y'all are forgetting some of the value of MG. He's basically a tall WR who can kinda block. He also has insane hops. Now think about him, DVP, & Williams versus opposing teams DBs. Serious height and jump ball mismatch. Wilson and Grant then stretch the field. Makes it more difficult to scheme when you have guys who can create mismatches for others.

Fitzmagic will feast this year if the OL can block for more than 2 seconds.

Some people seem to forget how much an extra half second is wort. If the OL can give any Miami QB an extra half second, good things can happen.

Some people seem to forget how much an extra half second is wort. If the OL can give any Miami QB an extra half second, good things can happen.
True enough.

There were many plays where there was, for all intent and purpose, zero seconds. It was a jailbreak at the snap. The defense was in the QBs face by the time his foot hit the ground on the third step, let alone a 5 step drop, to let patterns develop.

Back
Top Bottom