Mike Gesicki throwing a pass to himself over his house thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki throwing a pass to himself over his house thread

He actually has good overall speed, but it takes him a bit to get there. His first 2 steps look like he has cement blocks for cleats! LOL

He actually has good overall speed, but it takes him a bit to get there. His first 2 steps look like he has cement blocks for cleats! LOL
Typical of most tall, long striders.

He is also not exceptionally "sudden" out of breaks.

His value is mismatches, either down the seam, or close the sideline/endline.

That play at the end of the Pats game was a thing of beauty though.

He would be a flag football hall of famer, talent has never been his issue

Why so hard on this guy lol he had a good season last year and will only get better. Prospects aren’t always good day one
Moreso with TEs.

I admit, I had questions at times as a rookie, but some ppl just refuse to give this guy the benifit of doubt. Some of the same ppl (not anyone in particular) want to tout other guys who really haven't done anything either as perennial pro bowlers.

Dude came a long way last season by working hard, and getting some competent coaching.

Sure, he could end up being Charles Harris. He could also be a top level receiving TE.

Moreso with TEs.

I admit, I had questions at times as a rookie, but some ppl just refuse to give this guy the benifit of doubt. Some of the same ppl (not anyone in particular) want to tout other guys who really haven't done anything either as perennial pro bowlers.

Dude came a long way last season by working hard, and getting some competent coaching.

Sure, he could end up being Charles Harris. He could also be a top level receiving TE.
In all fairness Gesicki has already done more then Charles Harris ever will in the NFL

Why so hard on this guy lol he had a good season last year and will only get better. Prospects aren’t always good day one

Some people have a hard time letting go of a stated opinion. Having a wrong opinion exposed is tough on the ego. That said, it was one year and consistency is critical in pro sports.

Some people have a hard time letting go of a stated opinion. Having a wrong opinion exposed is tough on the ego. That said, it was one year and consistency is critical in pro sports.
Ooo I’m not saying he’s wrong it was only one season but I think his improvements earned a little slack

Gesicki played much better last year. I don't know that he'll ever be the traditional TE type.....I see him more as a big WR but in that role he can catch the football. My hope is he can get better in the end zone cause he can really be a mismatch there.

Especially at the TE position. Rarely do they make an impact year 1. But UK gonna UK

Gesicki year one "looked like big bird on roller skates". Gesicki year 2 looked like a TE being utilized to his strengths and applied his experience year one into year two. Hoping we see the same jump in development that is year 1 to 2 in year 3. Also because I'm homer, I drafted him pick 3 in the second round in my dynasty league the year he came out. So I'm somewhat fantasy bias when it comes to Mike Gesicki.

Last edited:
Ooo I’m not saying he’s wrong it was only one season but I think his improvements earned a little slack

I struggle with people being 'wrong' (unless they are), and I probably should have said 'mistaken.' There are steps in the development of players. Thus, 'he didn't show much,' 'he improved,' 'he had a good season,' 'he's shown consistency.' MG had a good season. His next hurdle is consistency. There is no crime in being encouraged.

Back
Top Bottom