Mike Gesicki throwing a pass to himself over his house thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki throwing a pass to himself over his house thread

Gesicki played much better last year. I don't know that he'll ever be the traditional TE type.....I see him more as a big WR but in that role he can catch the football. My hope is he can get better in the end zone cause he can really be a mismatch there.
Some would say innovation has a way of changing tradition.

I agree, he will likely never be a great at blocking a good DE 1v1, but he is, potentially, a mismatch nightmare for a defense.

I didnt like the pick, and thought it was a waste his rookie year (i wanted andrews). boy im glad to eat crow. the kid had a hell of a season, and i think is only going to get better.
i dont know how anyone could be upset or doubt this kid. He proved the doubters wrong last year. His first year Gase only had him run verts, drags and digs.

I think Goedert is the TE many compare Gesicki with.

2019 season:

Dallas Goedert
Targets: 87
Catches: 58
Catch %: 66.7
Yards: 607
YPR: 10.5
TDs: 5
Drops: 5

Mike Gesicki:
Targets: 89
Catches: 51
Catch %: 57.3
Yards: 570
YPR: 11.2
Drops: 0

I think they are both on track as far as development at the position.

I think Goedert is the TE many compare Gesicki with.

2019 season:

Dallas Goedert
Targets: 87
Catches: 58
Catch %: 66.7
Yards: 607
YPR: 10.5
Drops: 5

Mike Gesicki:
Targets: 89
Catches: 51
Catch %: 57.3
Yards: 570
YPR: 11.2
Drops: 0

I think they are both on track as far as development at the position.

Let's not twist it though. Goedert is a heck of a blocker and Gesicki isn't. However I think Gesicki will only get better and more productive and Goedert is hitting his ceiling as far as receptions and TD's.

Guys check out Gesicki in this video. Im pumped cant wait for football. First time in 20 years we have had a qb that brings hope to the franchise. Tua to Gesicki baby cant wait
LOL! That's nice ... but I'm wondering whether he had a friend stopping traffic and whether his neighbors were ok with using their driveway? Heh, he's seeming more and more like Gronk personality-wise every day. I just wish he blocked like Gronk.

LOL! That's nice ... but I'm wondering whether he had a friend stopping traffic and whether his neighbors were ok with using their driveway? Heh, he's seeming more and more like Gronk personality-wise every day. I just wish he blocked like Gronk.

He's not here to block and they knew that when they drafted him..

Other TE's we have are much better at that.

Nice improvement in year 2. Keep it going.

Gesicki year one "looked like big bird on roller skates". Gesicki year 2 looked like a TE being utilized to his strengths and applied his experience year one into year two. Hoping we see the same jump in development that is year 1 to 2 in year 3. Also because I'm homer, I drafted him pick 3 in the second round in my dynasty league the year he came out. So I'm somewhat fantasy bias when it comes to Mike Gesicki.
I agree. I was hard on him as a rookie because he did look like an uncoordinated goofball. He improved a TON last year. Good for him.

Guys check out Gesicki in this video. Im pumped cant wait for football. First time in 20 years we have had a qb that brings hope to the franchise. Tua to Gesicki baby cant wait
I cringed when I saw he ran across the street without looking after the catch.

I agree. I was hard on him as a rookie because he did look like an uncoordinated goofball. He improved a TON last year. Good for him.
I didn't know who said "big bird on roller skates", I just remember it being very accurate. He really looked awkward running routes at times. You can't teach that lol it comes from within.....

Back
Top Bottom