Mike Gesicki vs New York (Video) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki vs New York (Video)

houtz

"guess who's back, back again"
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Sorry, I've been away. I'm sure everyone missed me so much.

I still plan on doing a vince biegel cut up and now that we lost the unicorn, a preston williams homage. but for now, enjoy this cut up from Mike Gesicki's big day vs the Jets.

I was among a number of others giving this kid the **** last year but
really pleased with his Y2 dev and -- given his core athletics and
more importantly work habits -- he deserves some positive words!

Kid is running some great routes and getting separation -- also finding
the open seam and really catches the pig beautifully! Never gonna be
a physical dominator but more than capable of killing teams receiving.

If he continues his progression he'll be a certified MONSTER next year!

BTW -- dudes like @hoops need to give a little credit as well!

:lol:

I was among a number of others giving this kid the **** last year but
really pleased with his Y2 dev and -- given his core athletics and
more importantly work habits -- he deserves some positive words!

Kid is running some great routes and getting separation -- also finding
the open seam and really catches the pig beautifully! Never gonna be
a physical dominator but more than capable of killing teams receiving.

If he continues his progression he'll be a certified MONSTER next year!

BTW -- dudes like @hoops need to give a little credit as well!

:lol:

I was also highly critical of him last year but I also felt last year's lack of production was mainly due to bad QB play, lack of targets and Adam Gase.

I was also highly critical of him last year but I also felt last year's lack of production was mainly due to bad QB play, lack of targets and Adam Gase.

I didn’t. I can count on less than one hand the number of players who looked like that as a rookie and ever amounted to a hill of beans as pros long term even.

most improved yes. Most improved relative to where he was as a rookie absolutely.

not sure what else big nasty wants from me here.

Not to mention utilization! Sorta like scheme to your players weaknesses!

^^^^^^^ exactly the dude is 6'5 runs a 4.5, over 40 inch vert and has very good hands that should at least get you to 500 yard a season, even without polished nuanced route running, get him vertical on a LB and let him make a play. ( Gesicki had a lot of routes to the flats under Gase)

Even tho Fitz arm is trash he will give his big WRs a chance to make a play especially down the seam, O.J Howard looked good with Fitzpatrick and now he's an afterthought.

I didn’t. I can count on less than one hand the number of players who looked like that as a rookie and ever amounted to a hill of beans as pros long term even.

most improved yes. Most improved relative to where he was as a rookie absolutely.

We're always happy when unexpected improvement rears its head!

I think that most improved stuff is mostly overblown, based on how he's winning there's nothing on tape I can honestly say he couldn't do last year. In the beginning of the year he looked like he added some muscle mass but now his body comp looks exactly the same , route running still lack polish ( his gait seems a little more coordinated).

I agree... He looked awful a LOT last year and what a difference a staff makes (+ a year

and I'm sure lots of hard work)! One of the "insights" with a kid like Gisicki is core athletics +

hard work + smarts = good chance to positively evolve! His obvious work + dedication and focus

as a PRO is impressive. A lot of kids couldn't recover from the embarrassment of his rookie season.

But he obviously never lost faith in himself nor his chops.

Kid must be pretty mentally TUFF as well!

I think that most improved stuff is mostly overblown, based on how he's winning there's nothing on tape I can honestly say he couldn't do last year. In the beginning of the year he looked like he added some muscle mass but now his body comp looks exactly the same , route running still lack polish ( his gait seems a little more coordinated).

This is crucial observation IMO and something I noted before -- I bet the kid

worked his ass off shortening up his stride when it's appropriate and

definitely worked on explosiveness (i.e., more short stroke higher rev leg work).

The kid may be so gifted athletically he can "reprogram" to maximize performance

relative to the task! Whatever... it IS noticeable and pretty remarkable as well...

oh come on. Overblown? The guy was on tbe ground more than anything in 2018. Feet outside his pads all over the place. Didn’t look like he even belonged in pads period.

it was embarrassing. Looking back at it now probably should have been given a red shirt. Cause if the staff had come out and said this pick is about what the kid will be in 2 years well then maybe I could have bought into that. He had no business being on the field in 2018. Utter waste of snaps. Eye sore. Liability. You name it.

he’s starting to win on iso of late which is critical to his long term standing in Miami. Although we still have yet to see a td. Baby steps I know.

regardless there’s enough growth being shown to look forward to 2020 and how much more development may be there.

I said before the season and even in camp if you had given me a day 2 pick period I’d have gladly traded him to you in a heartbeat.

you might have to give me a top 50 one now. He looks like he belongs in pads and what I really think is the difference his feet are consistently under his pad level. So a lot of that sloppiness is gone. Which is helping offset his long stride in and out of cuts etc.

I’d like to see next him change speeds in his routes and set guys up witb it.

oh come on. Overblown? The guy was on tbe ground more than anything in 2018. Feet outside his pads all over the place. Didn’t look like he even belonged in pads period.

it was embarrassing. Looking back at it now probably should have been given a red shirt. Cause if the staff had come out and said this pick is about what the kid will be in 2 years well then maybe I could have bought into that. He had no business being on the field in 2018. Utter waste of snaps. Eye sore. Liability. You name it.

he’s starting to win on iso of late which is critical to his long term standing in Miami. Although we still have yet to see a td. Baby steps I know.

regardless there’s enough growth being shown to look forward to 2019 and how much more development may be there.

I said before the season and even in camp if you had given me a day 2 pick period I’d have gladly traded him to you in a heartbeat.

you might have to give me a top 50 one now. He looks like he belongs in pads and what I really think is the difference his legs are under his pad level. So a lot of that sloppiness is gone.

No way right now I'd trade him for a top 50. The kids has definitively showed so much improvement in Y2 I've gotta see

how much more performance is there! Add to that -- now that the staff knows where he belongs and how to use his

skill set -- I have to give the kid the benefit of the doubt and KEEP HIM FOCUSED on improving in the areas where

they know he can be a difference maker. But I think the last few games -- and especially the JETS game has

changed his PRO career fate.

This is crucial observation IMO and something I noted before -- I bet the kid

worked his *** off shortening up his stride when it's appropriate and

definitely worked on explosiveness (i.e., more short stroke higher rev leg work).

The kid may be so gifted athletically he can "reprogram" to maximize performance

relative to the task! Whatever... it IS noticeable and pretty remarkable as well...

Agreed, I also think the extra weight changed his center of mass a little bit which also might of gave him more of a sense of balance, halfway into the season it seems he lost a bit of weight, u can tell he has the type of metabolism that's hard to keep weight on.

Back
Top Bottom