Mike Gesicki vs New York (Video) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki vs New York (Video)

^^^^^^^ exactly the dude is 6'5 runs a 4.5, over 40 inch vert and has very good hands that should at least get you to 500 yard a season, even without polished nuanced route running, get him vertical on a LB and let him make a play. ( Gesicki had a lot of routes to the flats under Gase)

Even tho Fitz arm is trash he will give his big WRs a chance to make a play especially down the seam, O.J Howard looked good with Fitzpatrick and now he's an afterthought.

You got that right. Fitz arm is trash. He just is willing to let his big bodied WRs make a play for him outside the numbers on dying quail back shoulders and quick win inside slant routes etc

Part of the problem with some people is they make up their mind about a player after they play one half of their first preseason game as a rookie. If they say the guy suck then that guy sucks forever in their eyes cause they want to be right so bad that they're blinded by it.

I was upset when we drafted Gesicki cause I wanted us to draft Goedert. I still think Goedert should have been the pick but I was going to root for Gesicki as he's on our team. I'll admit after watching him play last year I didn't think we had anything with him even thought Gase screwed him up by trying to make him a blocker instead of a pass catching TE like he was in college. He has played better this year and that's all that matters to me. I hope he proves me and others wrong and has a great career for us.

I just go by what the tape tells me. And if a guy puts on tape something that counters my prior analysis (again tape analysis) I have no problem saying as much.

not many guys flip the switch. It’s usually more of the same. Credit to gesicki. He’s trending the right way other guys aren’t.

I just default to the core premise in my mind -- this kid is a freak athlete and

he's a super hard worker... Add to that he's very bright and disciplined + dedicated.

Now that we have a staff that knows how to use talent I fully expect Gesicki to

continue the upward trajectory and... his ceiling is WAY UP THERE!

Radically different projection than one year ago!

I think we have more good surprises in order!

I mean. Why not?

:lol:

oh come on. Overblown? The guy was on tbe ground more than anything in 2018. Feet outside his pads all over the place. Didn’t look like he even belonged in pads period.

it was embarrassing. Looking back at it now probably should have been given a red shirt. Cause if the staff had come out and said this pick is about what the kid will be in 2 years well then maybe I could have bought into that. He had no business being on the field in 2018. Utter waste of snaps. Eye sore. Liability. You name it.

he’s starting to win on iso of late which is critical to his long term standing in Miami. Although we still have yet to see a td. Baby steps I know.

regardless there’s enough growth being shown to look forward to 2020 and how much more development may be there.

I said before the season and even in camp if you had given me a day 2 pick period I’d have gladly traded him to you in a heartbeat.

you might have to give me a top 50 one now. He looks like he belongs in pads and what I really think is the difference his feet are consistently under his pad level. So a lot of that sloppiness is gone. Which is helping offset his long stride in and out of cuts etc.

I’d like to see next him change speeds in his routes and set guys up witb it.

Yea the actually looking like a football player stuff, I would agree he's made huge strides in that aspect, but I'm talking about his contributions in the passing game, those wins down the seam is something he could of done day 1, when he was mossing Minkah during last years training camp I don't think that was a fluke. I think the TE position is too nuanced for a player to triple production in only a year through sheer effort, Gesicki still lack suddenness, stem ability still looks raw, there's been plays this year of him getting bodied by 180 dbs,
this year he has QB that's giving him a chance and a coach that's not misusing him, that's the biggest reason for both Parkers and Gesicki's increase in production.

Yea the actually looking like a football player stuff, I would agree he's made huge strides in that aspect, but I'm talking about his contributions in the passing game, those wins down the seam is something he could of done day 1, when he was mossing Minkah during last years training camp I don't think that was a fluke. I think the TE position is too nuanced for a player to triple production in only a year through sheer effort, Gesicki still lack suddenness, stem ability still looks raw, there's been plays this year of him getting bodied by 180 dbs,
this year he has QB that's giving him a chance and a coach that's not misusing him, that's the biggest reason for both Parkers and Gesicki's increase in production.

My take... I think your core point is valid but I also think you're discounting the kids improvement...

I saw him make a rather "sudden" move getting off this past game beating his man with a quick inside out move.

I think we can ALL AGREE he was used like garbage last year -- so badly it maked him look unnecessarily awful...

BUT................. The kid has worked his ass off and that shows 100% IMO.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's like I busted my ass just to become a great receiver and when I show up to the NFL they say, "Can you block?"

My take... I think your core point is valid but I also think you're discounting the kids improvement...

I saw him make a rather "sudden" move getting off this past game and beating his man with a quick inside out move.

I think we can ALL AGREE he was used like garbage last year -- so badly it maked him look unnecessarily awful...

BUT................. The kid has worked his *** off and that shows 100% IMO.

I'm sure Gesicki has improved his game in his 2nd year as a pro but to say those improvements are the reason for almost a triple increase in production is kind of a reach in my opinion. It's kind of well known the TE position takes time to develop, so for him to make that big of a jump in only his 2nd year would indicate that he's either a genius with a huge brain that can grasp any concept quickly and a superb nervous system that changes muscle memory easily or is it he was just misused by the previous coach and QB, I'm inclined to believe the latter.

What are your thoughts on DVP's increase in production did he just work extra hard in the offseason and make huge improvements in his 5th year as a wr or is it mainly because he has a qb that's actually looking his way and a coach that's actually calling his number.

I just go by what the tape tells me. And if a guy puts on tape something that counters my prior analysis (again tape analysis) I have no problem saying as much.

not many guys flip the switch. It’s usually more of the same. Credit to gesicki. He’s trending the right way other guys aren’t.
This goes to Gase absolute incompetence as a HC / OC.
Terrible schematically. Terrible player development. Terrible communicator.

Was this recorded with a toaster?!?

Just ribbing ya, houtz, thanks for the clips and welcome back!

It sure **** shouldn’t be. But if someone has a better option to screen grab videos, I beg and plead for your help.

it’s always an issue with these videos. on mobile it looks okay on a computer it’s awful.

I'm sure Gesicki has improved his game in his 2nd year as a pro but to say those improvements are the reason for almost a triple increase in production is kind of a reach in my opinion. It's kind of well known the TE position takes time to develop, so for him to make that big of a jump in only his 2nd year would indicate that he's either a genius with a huge brain that can grasp any concept quickly and a superb nervous system that changes muscle memory easily or is it he was just misused by the previous coach and QB, I'm inclined to believe the latter.

What are your thoughts on DVP's increase in production did he just work extra hard in the offseason and make huge improvements in his 5th year as a wr or is it mainly because he has a qb that's actually looking his way and a coach that's actually calling his number.
A bit of everything with DVP I reckon. It's easy/enjoyable/correct to blame Gase for most things but Parker went missing too often before. Some big catches every game at the moment instead of glimpses every few weeks

Hey guys.

Sorry, I've been away. I'm sure everyone missed me so much.

I still plan on doing a vince biegel cut up and now that we lost the unicorn, a preston williams homage. but for now, enjoy this cut up from Mike Gesicki's big day vs the Jets.

Like the desert misses the water...

I didn’t. I can count on less than one hand the number of players who looked like that as a rookie and ever amounted to a hill of beans as pros long term even.

most improved yes. Most improved relative to where he was as a rookie absolutely.

not sure what else big nasty wants from me here.
Just a little reach around...

Back
Top Bottom