Mike Gesicki vs New York (Video) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki vs New York (Video)

I'm sure Gesicki has improved his game in his 2nd year as a pro but to say those improvements are the reason for almost a triple increase in production is kind of a reach in my opinion. It's kind of well known the TE position takes time to develop, so for him to make that big of a jump in only his 2nd year would indicate that he's either a genius with a huge brain that can grasp any concept quickly and a superb nervous system that changes muscle memory easily or is it he was just misused by the previous coach and QB, I'm inclined to believe the latter.

What are your thoughts on DVP's increase in production did he just work extra hard in the offseason and make huge improvements in his 5th year as a wr or is it mainly because he has a qb that's actually looking his way and a coach that's actually calling his number.

Don't be silly! Not saying Gesicki's muscle memory is 4GB RAM instant refresh -- just that his overall athletic potential is open-ended.

DVP big thing is staying healthy and of course the QB play plays a significant role (+ utilization). Gotta give players like him a chance to use their kills/advantages in winning situations. But for sure -- all things equal coaching is decisive in the NFL!

I've pretty much only seen highlights of Goedert catching TDs when Ertz is covered. No idea how good he is or where his ceiling is.

Is anybody starting to think we picked the right guy?

I've pretty much only seen highlights of Goedert catching TDs when Ertz is covered. No idea how good he is or where his ceiling is.

I liked Big Mike all along heading into that draft and was one of the few that actually liked the pick. Admittedly, he didn’t look like he belonged at all last season. But I’m also not one to come to absolute conclusions after season 1 or 2. Most players take time to develop.

The things I liked about Gesicki are the same things I liked about Minkah. IMO when a player has immense talent, intelligence and is also known to be a hard worker, I feel the odds are pretty good the player eventually figures things out. Both players seem to have those attributes. Obviously Minkah is gone now, but I’m not surprised Gesicki is beginning to show flashes.

I just default to the core premise in my mind -- this kid is a freak athlete and

he's a super hard worker... Add to that he's very bright and disciplined + dedicated.

Now that we have a staff that knows how to use talent I fully expect Gesicki to

continue the upward trajectory and... his ceiling is WAY UP THERE!

Radically different projection than one year ago!

I think we have more good surprises in order!

I mean. Why not?

:lol:

If this is the case, this exactly the type of player that makes a Shula or BB team special. I love bright players, so much value since they are willing to be coached and turn potential into reality.

Don't be silly! Not saying Gesicki's muscle memory is 4GB RAM instant refresh -- just that his overall athletic potential is open-ended.

DVP big thing is staying healthy and of course the QB play plays a significant role (+ utilization). Gotta give players like him a chance to use their kills/advantages in winning situations. But for sure -- all things equal coaching is decisive in the NFL!

That's what I'm saying, I think his athleticism will be his calling card.

to the NFL they say, "Can

"alright you're a cook, can you farm" loved that one, used to get drunk and watch his comedy specials all the time.

I'm thrilled with some of the things that Mike G is showing this year. only a couple things i want to see though....

a) please please just once i want to see him not go down at first touch, i know he's not going to be an aaron hernadez where he murders people on the field with his physicality, but it seems like all his clips he's playing two hand touch.

b) like one of the posters mentioned above, will he line up more outside now that preston is out for the season. what this makes me want to see is... with him looking good the last few weeks, will teams plan for him a little more. I know coaches right now arent thinking "oh **** we gotta shut MG down" but if he's lining up wide say 50% of his snaps do they start putting an extra DB in to man up to him in coverage compared to a LB. i actually want to see this though. he's proving he can be a mismatch against LB's covering him, i want to see him gain some kind of seperation against a quicker more agile defender, maybe force him to fight to get open, or have to fight for the ball when it gets close.

a couple broken tackles here and there and showing some sort of ability to still make these players with an extra DB on him will make me very happy . eventually it'd be nice if he could do a little blocking, but hey baby steps. it will just open up the offense more for next season if he can up his blocking up some.

Goddert looks pretty good from what i have seen at this point
Much more natural
I would prefer him but good to see Gesicki advancing

I think it quite clear that Gesicki is a guy that needed a full year in an NFL strength program but also that Gase didnt use him properly.

Based on everything we know about Gase I wonder if part of the misuse goes back to the Titans game last year. We throw a fade to Gesicki. It was an underthrown and Gesicki was falling backwards which Malcolm Butler picked off. One of the common things from players under Gase was that the one player who was never blamed was Ryan Tannehill. Not to make this into a Tanny thread, but I wonder if Gase used that play against Gesicki for the rest of the year.

Either way long story short credit this staff for getting Gesicki more involved and helping his confidence. Still has to use his size a bit better but he has made some tough catches several weeks in a row

That's what I'm saying, I think his athleticism will be his calling card.

Pretty clear that's why (i.e., athleticism) he was drafted R2.

But he's got some positive "intangibles" like the hard work, dedication and smarts.

It's the intangibles that make a pro a PRO IMO.

Lot's and lots of great athletes can't cut it in the N F L.

That said, of course having superior athletics is a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom