Mike Gesicki vs New York (Video) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki vs New York (Video)

I think it quite clear that Gesicki is a guy that needed a full year in an NFL strength program but also that Gase didnt use him properly.

Based on everything we know about Gase I wonder if part of the misuse goes back to the Titans game last year. We throw a fade to Gesicki. It was an underthrown and Gesicki was falling backwards which Malcolm Butler picked off. One of the common things from players under Gase was that the one player who was never blamed was Ryan Tannehill. Not to make this into a Tanny thread, but I wonder if Gase used that play against Gesicki for the rest of the year.

Either way long story short credit this staff for getting Gesicki more involved and helping his confidence. Still has to use his size a bit better but he has made some tough catches several weeks in a row

If it's one thing that should be abundantly clear, if it wasn't already, is that Adam Gase has no business being a HC in this league.
There's a 0.1% of me that actually feels sorry for the Jets.

I'll further add this head to head game should make us appreciate our coaching staff a lot more.
They're absolutely aren't perfect. But man are they getting a lot out of a lot of guys that won't even be in the league next season.
Also, the X's and O's on both sides of the ball is light years ahead of the Gase stuff.

Last edited:
I'm convinced Gase doesn't know what a TE is let alone know how to use one. He can't even use Bell properly this season.

Gesicki has work to do but he's improved the past two games for sure. Hopefully it continues.

Hmmmm, he’s a dolphin so I want him to be successful, I don’t like one dimensional players so I was against drafting Gesicki and for drafting Mark Andrews, I thought he was the most inept tight end I’d seen trying to block, so I started referring to him as just a “big wide receiver”, after two years, he’s being used like a receiver, not a tight end, {only 8 blocks on the season, zero in the last few games), so For me the debate is over, I’m just gonna root for him to be a weapon as a receiver and part of a 5 or 6 man rotation..

His body still has room to fill out so that’s cool..

Hmmmm, he’s a dolphin so I want him to be successful, I don’t like one dimensional players so I was against drafting Gesicki and for drafting Mark Andrews, I thought he was the most inept tight end I’d seen trying to block, so I started referring to him as just a “big wide receiver”, after two years, he’s being used like a receiver, not a tight end, {only 8 blocks on the season, zero in the last few games), so For me the debate is over, I’m just gonna root for him to be a weapon as a receiver and part of a 5 or 6 man rotation..

His body still has room to fill out so that’s cool..
:munch:

My take... I think your core point is valid but I also think you're discounting the kids improvement...

I saw him make a rather "sudden" move getting off this past game beating his man with a quick inside out move.

I think we can ALL AGREE he was used like garbage last year -- so badly it maked him look unnecessarily awful...

BUT................. The kid has worked his *** off and that shows 100% IMO.

After seeing the routes Gesicki ran from All-22 film vs the Jets, you might be right on me under selling Gesicki improvement as a route runner, I saw the play you were talking about he did look twitchy on that inside out move against that LB, but against DB's he's going to have sell the inside more with a better head nod or sinking his hips more before breaking outside, I still thinks he looks raw but I do see a notable improvement compared to last year.

Agreed. I expected and predicted he would start to blossom this year, and he is doing it. Part of the issue though is that his skillset lends him to running deeper routes like the seam routes, and our OL simply hasn't been good enough to allow the time to throw many of those routes. With the Jets, Fitzmagic had enough time to throw some, and we saw both what Gesicki can do and also what Fitzmagic prefers to throw--deep balls. Almost all of Gesicki's plays were mid range or longer, and we need protection for the QB to get those off. So, don't be surprised when we face a team with a good pass rush and Gesicki's number go down--it's a reflection of the protection, not the TE.

Back
Top Bottom