Mike Gesicki Vs Oj Howard & David Njoku | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki Vs Oj Howard & David Njoku

Blancgary911

Club Member
Reaction score
This thought came to my mind about last years draft Tight Ends that alot of people wanted between OJ Howard and David Njoku(personally wanted Howard last year) and I wanted to hear yall thoughts on how Mike Gesicki compares to those two from the 2017 NFL Draft.
How do they compare talent and skill wise and if u had to choose out of the 3 to be on your team which one would u choose?????

Gesicki is a fine TE prospect but he's no where near the same talent as OJ Howard and David njoku, hence why they were selected much higher. They are more athletic TE and Howard is definitely a much better blocker.

But obviously that doesnt mean gesicki wont be as good or better than those guys. Eric ebron was supposed to be a freak TE and was looked at as superior prospect compared to Zach Ertz and Travis Kelce who were drafted in 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Last edited:
Gisecki is a better athlete than both and that's not really something that can be debated because the combine numbers are right there for you to look at. He fell to the 2nd round because his blocking was bad, not because he's not a freak athlete.

Last edited:
I think Gesicki is more like Evan Engram from last year. Basically, just a big slot WR and also getting some 3x1 looks, too.
That's the comparison that I was just about to post, you beat me to it.

His combine numbers were the best for a TE in a looong time. Also the comparison to Engram is fair, but Gesickis catch/contested catch rate is better. Engram has struggled with some drops

I still want Njoku. But at least we have entered this era of football by drafting a matchup nightmare

I’m with Mike Mayock that 4.5 40 doesn’t translate to the football field.

They are not more athletic Blake, the proof is in the test results. Gesicki has better test results in basically every category. They are smoother in and out of their breaks. That is route running though

Gesicki is a fine TE prospect but he's no where near the same talent as OJ Howard and David njoku, hence why they were selected much higher. They are more athletic TE and Howard is definitely a much better blocker.

But obviously that doesnt mean gesicki wont be as good or better than those guys. Eric ebron was supposed to be a freak TE and was looked at as superior prospect compared to Zach Ertz and Travis Kelce who were drafted in 2nd or 3rd rounds.
More athletc than the TE that set records at the combine? He literally put on the best display they’ve seen in forever

Back
Top Bottom