Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan?

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Definitely a little concerned with that pick.
That investment was a long time coming.

I liked him a lot as prospect, how could you not? I was partial to Goedert though. (Eagles nailed that pick)

It’s my fault for getting excited about a Penn State player. Every once in awhile a player like Saquan emerges that reminds me Penn State is a real program.

What are we thinking here? Look at bringing Sims back, maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder? I’m ok if we don’t do either.

Do we bank on a new system finally being able to unlock the mystery of TE position in Miami? Yes!

What do you guys know about the two Iowa TEs? Very strange to see two TEs from the same school that highly rated. Odds are one of them isn’t going to pan out, which one?

I wouldn't mind one of the Iowa tight ends. Depends who else is available around those picks though. Would immediately trump Gesicki on the depth chart.

But also, don't forget we drafted Duram Smythe last year too, seen more of as a blocker, but I'm hoping he can become a reliable guy to catch a few balls here and there and be a solid blocking te

Wasted pick.

The only plan involving Gesciki should be him trying to figure out what to do with his life after he's cut in a few years.

He is not a football player.

a few points here...

1. TE is a slow developing position. Most are not traditional and have been coached to play in the seam and out wide. Adam Gase was just an idiot. Look at how long it took Ebron to play at a high level. OJ Howard was considered a top ten pick and it took a year.

2. I assume Gesicki will play out wide and in the seam. The phins made sure to do that all training camp and then never placed him there during games. And when they did it was always too obvious when we were throwing it to him on the fade.

3. I will let the coaching staff figure it out during the year. I assume they have a better plan than Gase could have ever thought of. I assume that Derby and o'leary will factor in

Does not pass the eye test.
He looks more like Ed McCaffery's son than Ed McCaffery's son.

My plan was to draft Goedert but the FO messed that up. As far as drafting another TE, that makes no sense. We already have two young guys so if anything we might get a cheaper veteran. At this point Smythe is the better TE of the two as he can block and he's a better pass catcher than people think.

There are TE's out there is the new staff cant get more out of MG.

Dion Sims was released from the bears last week.

New regime, I would look to recoup something from the mistake, I wouldn’t bank on improvements if I could get something for him..

I don’t think the flaws are fixable jmo and I dont think they outweigh the niche role you could find for him.

Back
Top Bottom