Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki, What’s The Plan?

With Gesickis skillset it’s even hard for him to get into the right athletic position to learn how to apply proper technique...

I want him to be better but I can’t deny what my eyes have been telling me, there is something not right about his balance, coordination and core strength, it’s a combination of his height, length of extremeties relative to his coordination skills that keeps his from positioning his body correctly on even the most simple blocks..He simply cannot do it fundamentally imo..Now can he get better, sure, but the starting point is the worst I’ve ever seen personally..

So for me, like when he was coming out, he’s just a big wide receiver..so use his accordingly..

1000% RIGHT!

In my most humble opinion.

If you've (played and) watched enough football

you freaking KNOW what it's supposed to look like!

And when you see something that looks like a volleyball player

impersonating a TE ---------------- well, it's kinda obvious.

But then again -- you can train a monkey to play a hand organ...

Let's hope the coaching staff NEVER puts Gesicki in a position

where the success of the play is contingent on his blocking!

Beyond that -- have him run a lot of straight lines and JUMP

up high in the air snatching the pig a foot and a half about the rim!

That’s not why Gronk was among the top paid at tight end and going down as the goat. It was because he was never a tell for the opposition run or pass. And could carve you up in both phases. Hell the guy routinely handled des as a blocker one on one with no help and I’m talking at the poa even. I saw that dude hold edge defenders at bay with one arm even like it was a walk in the park.

In his prime he ran thru contact and dropped would be tacklers like kindle wood and stiff armed them into the dirt and couldn’t be taken down one on one in space with the ball. It took an army.

He won on iso he won in the red zone he won flexed he won split he won in line. He won on everything he did.
That's one aspect yes, but why did Jimmy Graham set the market when he was the best pass catching TE? Same reason. The non-tell isn't the reason Gronk is paid so well … it's his worth as a pass catcher. Name me one blocking TE that gets paid tremendously that is NOT an elite pass catcher?

The pay is based on the same thing that makes WR's so highly paid … pass catching ability as a mismatch. Gronk's payment over non-blocking TE's of similar pass catching status is not significant. But his payment over non-pass catching TE's is tremendously better.

You're looking at it as a scout or coach … not from valuing the position or role.

Trust me, coming into his draft from the University of Arizona (you accidently wrote "Arizona state" so I struck through the state part), Rob Gronkowski had no bigger fan than me. I was literally jumping up and down screaming to draft him when we had the chance in the 2nd … I called it the greatest steal of all time. And we didn't, two picks later he became a Patriot. I'm _very_ aware of what Rob Gronkowski is as a prospect and player. As a rookie I had to explain to Patriot fans at work that he was their fantastic TE, not Aaron Hernandez. I have been singing his praises as a receiver and blocker since before he was drafted, and followed his career very closely. I even have posted metrics about how his presence on the field improves Brady's YPA and the run game's average yardage per snap every time he's in the game. I'm extremely familiar with Rob Gronkowski's game and its impact on his team.

You seem to think that the only way to compare them is by comparing power. Well, it's not. The primary traits of each are length and speed, with the primary skill being good hands.

I get it, you want to compare ONLY blocking ability … because that's just about the only thing that is different about the two. Well … that is an incomplete analysis. I'm done disagreeing with you, as we obviously see it differently. I only ask that you re-evaluate in 1 year … and see how you view Gesicki as a TE then. He'll never be an Anthony Fasano blocking TE, but as a move TE whose primary role is catching passes, I hope you grow to recognize the similarity in style and gifts. If not … well I will simply agree to disagree.
I can tell you we wanted the player to be drafted by us with equal passion..

} Rob Gronkowski-Has all the tools to be special, massive size, good blocker, very smart and aware on the field, catches the ball very well, is athletic, strong and intimidating, A jason witten type, all american as a fresh, Mackey award winner as a soph, ...If he checks out, hes my pick,

I’m really not comparing just their blocking, they are different players on many many levels including ability to beat press, run routes, run after catch ability..

I hope your right that he can be be effective in a role catching passes..I’m just hopeful we get our money’s worth in terms of draft stock.

With Gronk gone, maybe the Patriots will trade with us for Gesicki.

I would like a second rounder this year and a 5th rounder in 2020. How about that for a trade?

Would this trade make our lemmings happy? I don't know, but a trade like this might be worth the effort.
:drop:

D3eYISwW4AAKdBt.jpg

Fewest fantasy points from the TE position. Is it a fantasy to believe in Gesicki?

Last edited:
what does he do good as T,E. he can caught football. he is good in space. need find way to used him. could be good third weapon. he will never be good blocker. he can become good pass catching t.e in nfl.

Back
Top Bottom