Mike Gesicki | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki

Teaching a player to block is one of the easiest techniques to teach as a coach. Player just needs to work at it and want to be successful at it.

I'm not worried about this at all.

There is an argument for patience. It takes time to learn to run routes against a higher calibre of defender. Things that worked in the past don't work anymore and the level of athlete is better also, so you can't just 'out athlete' someone. Also, he has so much to learn on the blocking front.

Bottom line he has a lot to learn and isn't ready yet. Miami, when they use him have to understand that and work to use him in ways that play to things he can do right now, while not putting other parts of the play at risk.

Teaching a player to block is one of the easiest techniques to teach as a coach. Player just needs to work at it and want to be successful at it.

I'm not worried about this at all.
I agree but that’s not the issue here, there is something not right with his body, coordination, core strength, mental..

He’s just a fu##in mess..I’ve literally seen him drop his head way before he engaged to defender, and comp,Evelyn whiffed..I’ve seen him stumble multiple times just running,..He simply cannot position his body athletically to clock..

I agree but that’s not the issue here, there is something not right with his body, coordination, core strength, mental..

He’s just a fu##in mess..I’ve literally seen him drop his head way before he engaged to defender, and comp,Evelyn whiffed..I’ve seen him stumble multiple times just running,..He simply cannot position his body athletically to clock..

Alot of that sounds mental to me. The NFL game happens faster than he is accustomed to so he is panicking a bit. Give him time, if he wants it, he can fix it.

Alot of that sounds mental to me. The NFL game happens faster than he is accustomed to so he is panicking a bit. Give him time, if he wants it, he can fix it.
I’m not sure in this very particular case Av..

I think there are real balance issues, coordination issues stemming from body type, core strength issues and some timid ness issues.

I just think we’re gonna have to invent a new position for a 245 lb 6’6 receiver

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom