Mike Gesicki | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki

I think Gesicki will help us this year. Just give him some time. He's going to make some plays for us. I'm rooting for him

It doesn't make sense that this kid was the 42nd pick in the draft.
I think quite a few teams made mistakes in the late 1st/early 2nd.
Lots of teams needed a top TE. However, the reality is that other positions seem to be valued higher and very few TEs are picked in the 1st round.
Eg, Gronk was drafted in 2nd Round.
- Jordan Reed went in the 3rd Round.
- Travis Kelce went in the 3rd Round.
- Zach Ertz went in the 2nd Round.
- Jimmy Graham went in the 3rd Round.
Conclusion - 1st Round Tight Ends are the exception, not the norm.
A few weeks before the Draft, because of the pure economics of supply and demand and our acute need of a top TE, I suggested here on FH the possibility of trading back to get one of the few top TEs in the Draft in the 1st round and it set off a few grenades and maybe some yellow rain.
Hey, for once we may have got a great value TE for the future in Gesicki, (but I confess that I was initially optimistic when we drafted Egnew).

Last edited:
Ive said it plenty of times. The first 2 picks in this draft will be team changers for Miami.

Absolute studs.

I agree, great first 2 picks. I think I might have done things a bit differently from then on such as maybe picking up Rudolph for some actual QB competition...I do like the Ballage pick though.

Really our last 3 drafts have all been outstanding....if this continues we can finally have a YOUNG core of key players

Encouraging news if he is earning Tannehill's trust. Target this guy as much as Landry and he'll come down with twice as many TDs. Worse case scenario the defense brackets him and there'll be opportunities elsewhere.

I think is safe to say he was drafted for his receiving ability. I don’t see him being a in-line blocker except in goalline and redzone. And when that happens the guy responsible for him has to worry about him going out for a pass.
maybe till he improves his blocking they split him out wide and match him with a cb so it’s a little easier for him to block than a linebacker

What is a bit interesting with Gesicki half receiver-half tight end and now Wilson, not a slot guy almost guaranteeing Ford a roster spot as a backup slot receiver and only carrying 5 receivers last year were do they steal that 6th spot from, the TE's?

Is someone like Marquis Grey in trouble?

Is it also somewhat troubling that one of the guy's they earmarked in the off-season for the slot - missed evaluation

Gesicki or Minkah?

Both will be among the best roomies IMO, barring any injury.
It's hard to predict stats for a DB but I guess both if you'd oblige.

I have a tendacy of setting unrealistic expectations so I have no clue what to expect from either.

It wasn't meant for me but I'd say somewhere around 400 yards, 6 TDs. Trying to be realistic. Even Jimmy Graham took a season to elevate

One can hope, the touchdowns would be huge. Is that enough to put him in the running for OROY?

No it wouldn't be enough. The award usually goes to a QB or RB. A TE/WR has to have 10 TDs and/or 1000 yards to be considered imo

The last WR to win the award was Beckham with 1300 yards, 12 TDs. I can't find a single TE in modern times to win. Even in 2010 when Gronk had 10 TDs, 546 yards he didn't win the award

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom