Mike Gesicki's number change | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki's number change

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
He was 88 in college and last year here he was 86 and he's now back to wearing 88.

I guess no one had talked about that because he was largely irrelevant at the time of both number changes.

Glad he's got his college number back. Maybe that had to do with being more confident.

He was 88 in college and last year here he was 86 and he's now back to wearing 88.

I guess no one had talked about that because he was largely irrelevant at the time of both number changes.

Glad he's got his college number back. Maybe that had to do with being more confident.

At this level if a player is letting the number on his jersey dictate his confidence level tthat would be a problem.

Happy he has found a role and is excelling in it, I would of traded him if I had the chance because I thought he was way to one dimensional, which I think he still is, I just think he is a receiver making an Impact in his role and that’s great for him and us..

As player sometime u get carried away. Give guy credit he is playing good.

No doubt he's playing well, but I doubt it has anything to do with change of his jersey number from 86 to 88. More likely has something to do with hard work, his role in the offense and building a relationship with Fitzpatrick.

No doubt he's playing well, but I doubt it has anything to do with change of his jersey number from 86 to 88. More likely has something to do with hard work, his role in the offense and building a relationship with Fitzpatrick.
i think there is a cognitive awareness by the Qb to throw to his strengths, which is catch radius, and obviously because of his length times his vertical capabilities there is another radius that can be reached by only him..

I’m happy he is proving me wrong and I hope it continues

The number change I like is 0...1...2 and counting.
If he ends up with half his number in TD's in his Fin career I won't complain.

Well, he's playing better for sure. He had nowhere to go but up. I'm glad they're using him the right way. He's not a blocker and throw him the damn ball.

Happy he has found a role and is excelling in it, I would of traded him if I had the chance because I thought he was way to one dimensional, which I think he still is, I just think he is a receiver making an Impact in his role and that’s great for him and us..

Tony Gonzales was one dimensional and look how that turned out. Yeah, I wish he were a better blocker but when was the last time we had a TE going down field the way Gesicki does? Im on board with his weakness

Just glad he isn't wearing a 40's number. I don't know why but the 40's look ugly on jerseys if it's anything but a db wearing it. Eguavoen needs to change his to a 50's number next year.

Tony Gonzales was one dimensional and look how that turned out. Yeah, I wish he were a better blocker but when was the last time we had a TE going down field the way Gesicki does? Im on board with his weakness
. I guess because I really wanted to draft Marc Andrews last year I hold him to a higher standard and have been to critical, but he’s doing better than I thought he would..

Just glad he isn't wearing a 40's number. I don't know why but the 40's look ugly on jerseys if it's anything but a db wearing it. Eguavoen needs to change his to a 50's number next year.
I’m with you. There was a time when only DBs or FBs (44 was popular) wore those. They make TEs and LBs looks smaller than they are.

My guess is no one truly cares what number he is/ was

Back
Top Bottom