Mike Mayock Explains Why He Sent Scouts Home | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock Explains Why He Sent Scouts Home

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/26/mike-mayock-explains-why-he-sent-scouts-home/

“I made the decision to do it three weeks ago, and I didn’t tell anybody,” Mayock said, via Scott Bair of NBCSportsBayArea.com. “It was my decision. And when the job got done and the work was over. . . .I inherited a group of scouts, and some of them may be with us, and some of them may not be with us by their own choice or not. At the end of the day, when the job was over, I brought them together as a group and respectfully and professionally told them that the job was done, thank you very much and that we would be talking.

“And 40 minutes later we had a leak, which just reinforced the decision.”

Definitely the right move, I mean if it were leaked that they were taking Clelin Ferrell at #4 somebody could have traded up and gazumped them.

:ponder:

If the boards done the boards done, we know the Coach/GM will have the final say on the pick, so at that point they've done their jobs. It wasn't the worst decision in the world.

Back
Top Bottom